ATTN: PEEPS! IMPORTANT INFO!

Started by BH, Feb 26, 2015, 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Morning Tube top

There's a new album coming out?

Stevie

One thing is for sure, the op will definitely curb all of the negativity and cure us of all the stupid that will come with the new album drop.  Thank you, our lord and savior for you are enlightened beyond comprehension.   :thumbsup:

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

WastedLittleWeeza

Just heard Big Decisions on the radio  :thumbsup:

darkglow

well said BH.. i for one am excited to see some news coming down the pipe..

this is my 4th MMJ album (not counting okonokos) to watch "drop" and it still feels new every time to read about the morality of listening to "leaks"...

these days i wish more bands would go the route of instantly releasing material to circumvent the whole leak phase.. i know that goes against the traditional big label marketing scheme but why wouldn't you want high(er) quality compressed files floating around the interwebs.. bandwidth is higher and so the files can be enormous.. meanwhile the audiophiles wait for their super duper deluxe vinyl copy that generates holograms and has secret hidden tracks to arrive in the mail like they already would have done.

SpaceWrangler

Quote from: BH on Feb 26, 2015, 04:04 PM

*  Some people will give it an honest 3-4 listens front to back in various states of sobriety and weather systems and then decide if they like it or not.
*  Some people just won't like it until they see the songs live and then there will be a few that grow on them.

Combo of these two I think. 

I didn't like Strangulation until I saw it live (I'm embarrassed to say since it's obviously awesome and one of my favorites now). 

Took about 3 listens of the Circuital album to start liking it in general. 

On the more extreme side of the Circuital thing, I HATED "Outta my System" until like the 30th listen.  Then it just clicked and I love it now. Kind of speaks to me.  Maybe I was just in a bad mood when that album was released or something.   

At any rate, it's a good idea to give the entire album as much of a chance as you can because, eventually, you'll like all of it IMO. 
The Fact That My Heart's Beating IS ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED