2 New Songs Played at OBH !

Started by Brother Beck, Feb 02, 2015, 01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Beck

I just watched two short-ish clips on YouTube of MMJ playing two new songs - "Compound" and "Big D" !!!  The quality isn't great, and I couldn't make it to OBH - can anyone who is there confirm this...?  They both sounded pretty cool.

Fully

Why don't you go to the show thread and see the setlists.

Brother Beck

I wanted to hear what people who actually heard them live thought of the songs.  The vids seemed like they were recorded with a phone.

tippitoes22

Lotta phones held up WAY to high and WAY to far back. But new tunes are fuggin' good. Especially liked "Big D". Kinda a sexified 70's funky song. Baby makin music :thumbsup:
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

ffghtrs

i love how snappy people are at new threads about this amazing event that some of us are missing due to mula issues.  I'll be there next year!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Fully

I was suggesting that you go there because that is where you'll find the answer. The people that are there aren't checking in here much. They will probably when they come back. They are having too much fun. There's very little on Facebook even.

johnnYYac

One new song each night!

Night 1 - Big D

Night 2 - Compound (might be Compound Fracture)

Night 3 - Only Memories

Jury's still out.  Hard to wrap me brain around 'em.  I like them in this order:

Compound > Only Memories > Big D

Can't say why.  Compound has a jammy, Dondante vibe.  Only Memories had an awkward keyboard synth flourish with each line, kinda reminding me of the sometimes harsh keyboard in I'm Amazed.  Big D was more of a pop tune.  I haven't revisited these, so I've only got the single experience of seeing them live to go by. 

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Robbman

No tapes have been posted.. did they allow tapers and/or were any there that anyone saw?

markcel

Quote from: Robbman on Mar 03, 2015, 09:13 PM
No tapes have been posted.. did they allow tapers and/or were any there that anyone saw?

Not sure about tapers, but it will be released for sale on nugs.net as an "Official Bootleg" soon (though no idea how soon).

Robbman

Quote from: markcel on Mar 04, 2015, 09:30 AM
Quote from: Robbman on Mar 03, 2015, 09:13 PM

Not sure about tapers, but it will be released for sale on nugs.net as an "Official Bootleg" soon (though no idea how soon).

I figure they're either holding off or they're not going to release it because of new songs they don't want out there in live form prior to album release? Just a thought..