MMJ Signs with Capitol Records

Started by Drizzler, Feb 25, 2015, 10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drizzler

Anyone aware of this?

Seen a IG post congratulating Tom on signing with Capitol Records.

buymycar

Yeah, this is posted on that one site with the one track that got threads deleted today:

(C) 2015 ATO Records, LLC Under Exclusive License To Capitol Records, LLC

Record Label: Capitol Records (CAP)

millerjustin

yup - this has been in the works for a while - ATO and Capitol finally worked out the details - there were a bunch of ATO and Capitol folks standing with Tucker Martine in the soundboard area at OBH....I think there was a bunch of "selling" going on....

The IG post was from Tom's wife Court (cool lady) who incidentally worked for ATO....

inside baseball, but this explains a lot of the bumpiness with OBH sound check and threads being taken down....lots at stake for band and label(s) - and obviously the flavor of the first track suggests that they are shooting higher than the Circuital roll out (and further explains fest-heavy dates we've seen so far)

It's gonna be an awesome 2015 people!!!
What's in here won't disappear

APR

I hoe with whatever big ATO -Capitol deal went down, that the fan club was not forgotten.

People will likely be mad if they are given very little to possibly no time to renew prior to potential ticket buying benefits.  MMJ in the past has allowed membership purchase and ticket purchase basically together.  Contrasting with Pearl Jam's fan club, if the tour is announced when your fan club membership is not current, then you're out of luck with tickets.  People will be more than mad if that's what happens with this tour considering what Ground(Ctrl) told us months ago.

justbcuzido

Quote from: APR on Feb 26, 2015, 10:28 AM
I hoe with whatever big ATO -Capitol deal went down, that the fan club was not forgotten.

People will likely be mad if they are given very little to possibly no time to renew prior to potential ticket buying benefits.  MMJ in the past has allowed membership purchase and ticket purchase basically together.  Contrasting with Pearl Jam's fan club, if the tour is announced when your fan club membership is not current, then you're out of luck with tickets.  People will be more than mad if that's what happens with this tour considering what Ground(Ctrl) told us months ago.

True, but what is sad about roll call tickets is, I have found better tickets in both normal pre-sale and general on public sale than I have through the roll call tickets. Kind of a weird system. Sure it guarantees tickets (though not every venue will sell out), but shouldn't roll call peeps get the first grab at the best tickets available.

All that aside, I'm really excited for the boys. Capital Records, big time now  :wink: :thumbsup:
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Woldie

I eagerly await the arrival of the new album, and will hope that it will make my current queasiness about this new label merely a distant memory.
"The owls are not what they seem."

Santo

Did they really sign with Capitol or is it as simple as the ATO/Caroline distribution agreement? Regardless, I'm excited about the new record. I do hope they get the Fan Club up and running for renewel soon.

http://www.universalmusic.com/corporate/detail/2529

APR

Quote from: justbcuzido on Feb 26, 2015, 10:52 AM

True, but what is sad about roll call tickets is, I have found better tickets in both normal pre-sale and general on public sale than I have through the roll call tickets. Kind of a weird system. Sure it guarantees tickets (though not every venue will sell out), but shouldn't roll call peeps get the first grab at the best tickets available.

All that aside, I'm really excited for the boys. Capital Records, big time now  :wink: :thumbsup:

I was also irked when learning of better tickets in normal sales compared to Roll Call tickets.  I don't know how often that happened (it definitely did for Philly Mann show), but hopefully it was a rare thing.

rincon2

Quote from: APR on Feb 26, 2015, 04:58 PM
Quote from: justbcuzido on Feb 26, 2015, 10:52 AM

I was also irked when learning of better tickets in normal sales compared to Roll Call tickets.  I don't know how often that happened (it definitely did for Philly Mann show), but hopefully it was a rare thing.
I purchased roll call tickets to 3 shows before they went on sale to the general public. I know a guy who bought one for the Santa Barbara show 2 days before the show, and was 3 rows ahead of me. The best advantage is like the Wiltern, where they only allow 200 or so into the pit, and your roll call pass gets you in early.

Stevie

Yes, the real value of roll call is for the ga shows.  You cant put a price on being able to basically get rail or within three "rows" of it depending on how long you want to wait in line.  At port chester if you simply had the early entry and showed up right when the doors opened you would still be sitting very pretty.  Same with red rocks.