Waterfall Preorders - Pick Your Poison

Started by itrainmonkeys, Mar 03, 2015, 09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Quote from: searchinbig on Mar 06, 2015, 10:38 AM
Quote from: BH on Mar 06, 2015, 10:10 AM
All I really want is that gosh darn 7" and it's going to cost me $65.   

Hey.....what kind of special deal did you get??

Well that's the difference between the plain vinyl and the vinyl puzzle extravaganza.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

searchinbig

Quote from: BH on Mar 06, 2015, 11:25 AM
Quote from: searchinbig on Mar 06, 2015, 10:38 AM
Quote from: BH on Mar 06, 2015, 10:10 AM
All I really want is that gosh darn 7" and it's going to cost me $65.   

Hey.....what kind of special deal did you get??

Well that's the difference between the plain vinyl and the vinyl puzzle extravaganza.

Thanks for the clarification BH. Thought that might be something behind door #3.  :cheesy:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

dub82

I can't believe they have been around for 16 years. It seems like yesterday that I bought at Dawn in 2001 because someone said Jim sounded like Neil young. I haven't looked back since.

What a bunch of badasses.

e_wind

I just paid 40$ to pre-order a standard vinyl because shipping is SO FUCKING HIGH. Who the fuck is making the decision to charge that much?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 17, 2015, 01:31 PM
I just paid 40$ to pre-order a standard vinyl because shipping is SO FUCKING HIGH. Who the fuck is making the decision to charge that much?
The vinyl is $24 on Amazon and free shipping for Prime members. 

http://www.amazon.com/Waterfall-My-Morning-Jacket/dp/B00U6QJT7S/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2_lp_?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1426615848&sr=1-1&keywords=my+morning+jacket

You can respond to your confirmation email from mmj-service@gnarlyemail.com and ask them to cancel your order.  I did the same thing when I decided to pick up the deluxe CD after already ordering the smaller vinyl box set.  I got my order canceled and refund within 24 hours.

Amazon had the deluxe CD for less and free shipping, as I have Prime. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Willard1979

I went with the Deluxe CD Bundle. I don't have a turntable, and I'm really not a puzzle person. So, I'm happy with what I'll be getting.  :thumbsup:

LowDownLuvDawg

Deluxe all the way.  Need flag for Flag Day its a really starting to gain some traction on the holiday front.

LB

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 17, 2015, 02:13 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Mar 17, 2015, 01:31 PM
The vinyl is $24 on Amazon and free shipping for Prime members. 

http://www.amazon.com/Waterfall-My-Morning-Jacket/dp/B00U6QJT7S/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2_lp_?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1426615848&sr=1-1&keywords=my+morning+jacket

You can respond to your confirmation email from mmj-service@gnarlyemail.com and ask them to cancel your order.  I did the same thing when I decided to pick up the deluxe CD after already ordering the smaller vinyl box set.  I got my order canceled and refund within 24 hours.

Amazon had the deluxe CD for less and free shipping, as I have Prime.

Thanks JYAC,

I'm gonna go the same route. After dropping hundreds to see them on tour, I will just get a simple vinyl through amazon and a deluxe CD through itunes and pay half as much. I'll replace the flag/tshirt with some nice posters from the tour

no you never gotta fight with me

gardenparty

Agreed
I would love to purchase direct through here but the shipping is ridiculous
I'll get it via Amazon and probably iTunes as well, assuming the vinyl won't come with download link for the extra tracks

walterfredo

Don't forget about your local record stores. They need your support.

ericm

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 05, 2015, 09:01 PM
Don't forget about your local record stores. They need your support.

What he said.  :thumbsup:  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

KingCobra

I'm not sure if this is known, but I was reading The Waterfall vinyl is the higher quality 45rpm!
Buy the boys a steak dinner, they deserve it, I went with the Vinyl box set bundle.
I'm On A Four Day Creep

oistheone

Quote from: KingCobra on Apr 10, 2015, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure if this is known, but I was reading The Waterfall vinyl is the higher quality 45rpm!
Buy the boys a steak dinner, they deserve it, I went with the Vinyl box set bundle.

Where did you see this about the record being 45rpm? Very intrigued! The Circuital version cut at 45rpm smokes!

Wonder if all editions will be cut at 45rpm or only some of 'em...

KingCobra

Soundstage Direct preorders has it written as 45rpm, usually they are correct.  Circuital is 45rpm as well.
I'm On A Four Day Creep

oistheone

Hot damn! That's great news! Nice find!

gardenparty

APR

There were selling signed Circuital at shows back when Circuital just came out.  I'm hoping to pick that up this upcoming tour.

GO4IT

If it's true that it is 45rpm this is very good news.  Should be killer sound like the Circuital pressing.

I'll never forget getting the Circuital vinyl a few days before the official release date and throwing it immediately on the platter at 33 rpm.  Needless to say it didn't sound quite right until I figured things out.

itrainmonkeys

Nice little stop-motion unboxing video for the deluxe vinyl set/puzzle:

click here

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011