Red Rocks - August 14

Started by e_wind, Mar 03, 2015, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

Who's going? I'm trying to decide if flying out for one show is worth it.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

APR

I haven't been there in a million years so I'm leaning towards worth it. If I had been there recently then flying elsewhere for two shows would win out.  Tough call. But the mountains in August are amazing.  MMJ and biking in the same weekend I think is too good to miss.

e_wind

I haven't been there since last time MMJ played, so I'm also leaning towards it. I plan on hitting 6 other shows, and RR will be the most expensive for just one. hmmmm

CHIMMJFAN

I just talked to my friend and he's in so we are definitely flying out. It's my first time going to Red Rocks and his first time seeing MMJ live, can't wait!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

jwb

I think it will be the one I fly out for.  Even when I was expecting Texas dates (I'm in Houston) I was planning on checking out Red Rocks.  Seems like it's one of the best possible venues to see this band, plus I've never been to CO.

gluvmiller

I'll be there. I live about 6 minutes from the venue. So PLEASE, if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask me.

e_wind

Quote from: jwb on Mar 03, 2015, 10:13 PM
I think it will be the one I fly out for.  Even when I was expecting Texas dates (I'm in Houston) I was planning on checking out Red Rocks.  Seems like it's one of the best possible venues to see this band, plus I've never been to CO.

fixed that for you

sb_gli

I have a friend who lives not but 10 minutes away from RR.  It was very convenient in 2012, but for one show I don't know if it's worth it this year.   Probably wait to see what 2016 has in store for RR shows and go out there then.  I will probably be hitting up the Milwaukee and Minneapolis shows this year.

KittyKy

Quote from: gluvmiller on Mar 04, 2015, 08:21 AM
I'll be there. I live about 6 minutes from the venue. So PLEASE, if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask me.

Will RR be all GA seating like previous Jacket shows there. They early roll call entry was awesome. Thanks.

timescaper

Gonna make a weekend of it and stick around for Alabama Shakes/Truckers show

rmpotsy

hoping for 2 nights next year.  probably going to sit this one out.  still trying to figure out my tour schedule for this year, so many options to choose from.
out go the lights it begins

gluvmiller

Quote from: KittyKy on Mar 04, 2015, 08:40 AM

Will RR be all GA seating like previous Jacket shows there. They early roll call entry was awesome. Thanks.

I don't see why it wouldn't be. All of their shows at red rocks have been GA. They usually do reserved for the old people shows like Crosby Still & Nash or Van Morrison. The rockers are almost always GA. It occasionally happens that the first 20 rows are GA, then the next 25 rows are reserved and the last rows are GA again. Plus, they have the ability to sell more tickets for GA.

Derek713

We will be staying in downtown Denver. Have you heard anything good or bad about some of the shuttles out to Red Rocks. I found Front Range Ski Bus and Bus To Show on line, and they seem pretty reasonable. I would prefer not to drive and I didn't know if one of these shuttles or a cab would be best.

eagerOwl

Any idea how fast this show will sellout? Do you think Roll Call is necessary?
At the end of the day, everyone wants the same thing.

gluvmiller

Quote from: Derek713 on Mar 04, 2015, 09:43 AM

We will be staying in downtown Denver. Have you heard anything good or bad about some of the shuttles out to Red Rocks. I found Front Range Ski Bus and Bus To Show on line, and they seem pretty reasonable. I would prefer not to drive and I didn't know if one of these shuttles or a cab would be best.

I've never used a shuttle, but I have plenty of friends who have. Let me get their opinion. It's certainly a commodity that has grown the last couple years.

e_wind

Quote from: eagerOwl on Mar 04, 2015, 09:48 AM
Any idea how fast this show will sellout? Do you think Roll Call is necessary?

it will take a while to sell out, but IMO red rocks is a really important show to be close for. It can get really windy up there, and the higher up rows seem really far away. I would be bummed to have to sit more than 20 rows back at RR, honestly

e-stone

Quote from: gluvmiller on Mar 04, 2015, 09:27 AM

I don't see why it wouldn't be. All of their shows at red rocks have been GA. They usually do reserved for the old people shows like Crosby Still & Nash or Van Morrison. The rockers are almost always GA. It occasionally happens that the first 20 rows are GA, then the next 25 rows are reserved and the last rows are GA again. Plus, they have the ability to sell more tickets for GA.

i actually brought this up in the general tour thread but probably got lost in the madness of yesterday.  i'm a bit weary on the seating arrangement now as myself and many others got screwed on the Wilco pre-sale a few weeks back.  Wilco had only ever played the traditional GA-Reserved-GA set up, yet without any word before the initial pre-sale, they changed up this summers show to  first  50 Reserved-GA in the back.  Needless to say, we all instinctively went for GA.  so it would be nice to know for sure before Monday.

on another note, i guess we can pencil a PWW-Stir It Up into the setlist?

bwah06

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Mar 03, 2015, 10:04 PM
I just talked to my friend and he's in so we are definitely flying out. It's my first time going to Red Rocks and his first time seeing MMJ live, can't wait!

CHIMMJFAN
Will be my first time at Red Rocks and first time to see MMJ, also. Been my favorite band for 4 years but for various reasons I've been unable to see them live in that time (not least because the last time they came to Texas I was in another part of the country). Since there are no Texas dates I'm flying to Denver. I'm not spending another four years missing them.

bwah06

Was wondering about the early access. If I go with a friend who is not a roll call member will I be able to get him in early with my laminate or can you not do +1s?

e-stone

Quote from: bwah06 on Mar 04, 2015, 10:47 AM

Was wondering about the early access. If I go with a friend who is not a roll call member will I be able to get him in early with my laminate or can you not do +1s?
+1's were allowed last time as well as a nice VIP soundcheck.  hoping for the same this go 'round.