Red Rocks - August 14

Started by e_wind, Mar 03, 2015, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffghtrs

Will there be early entry for Roll Call members, that would be sick! but a pipe dream none the less.  Any who i got four tickets so that's exciting!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Stevie

Quote from: pagerage on Mar 11, 2015, 11:26 PM
1- there is no such thing as a GA parking lot at red rocks.
2- tickets for any section will be a breeze if you are ready during on sale.
3- red rocks is a laid back free for all so it doesn't really matter.
4- I have no idea what the hell any of those 2 paragraphs from Stevie are supposed to mean.

Maybe i misspoke, but here's what I meant if i said 'GA parking lot:"  In 2012 if you had roll call early entry you were referred to a specific (small) parking lot.  It certainly seemed like the vast majority of people in that lot were roll callers sitting in GA. 

I have no idea which 2 paragraphs you are referring to, i've posted quite a bit in this thread out of shear excitement.  If you need any clarification let me know  :thumbsup:

Stevie

Quote from: ffghtrs on Mar 12, 2015, 08:42 AM
Will there be early entry for Roll Call members, that would be sick! but a pipe dream none the less.  Any who i got four tickets so that's exciting!

Most definitely there will be, man.  Most definitely. 

pagerage

Presale is open for those looking to get a jump. password is MMJ2015

CHIMMJFAN

Quote from: pagerage on Mar 12, 2015, 12:21 PM
Presale is open for those looking to get a jump. password is MMJ2015

Nice, I finally got my 2 GA tickets through this presale....I actually used Waterfall as the password just guessing and it worked. Got e-tickets emailed to me already!

Can't wait!!!!!!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

CHIMMJFAN

Ok just checked and you can use either Waterfall or MMJ2015 to get into the presale on axs.com.

CHIMMJFAN

wspfan

Gotta love the Wheelchair seats on Stubhub for $350 each.  Why in God's name do they allow this???  Kinda a di(k move!!

Section:   Accessible
Seats:   Row 1  |  Seats 31, 32   (Your seats will be together)
Seller comments:   
ADA/Wheelchair accessible
Price per ticket:   
$350.00
Prices include booking fees and delivery. Prices may be higher than face value. 
Quantity: 2

ffghtrs

Quote from: Stevie on Mar 12, 2015, 10:33 AM
Quote from: ffghtrs on Mar 12, 2015, 08:42 AM

Most definitely there will be, man.  Most definitely.

But How Do you Know, and HOW WILL IT GO DOWN!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

layin low

Damn y'all, I did it. This NC guy is heading West to Red Rocks! Pretty pumped. Went GA on the presale, now just got to figure out this Roll Call early entry and a ride that will get me to the venue in enough time.

Thanks to all for the help/assistance/answering my dumb questions. Muchas gracias especially to Crispy.

Also doing Truckers/Shakes that Sun ... that is an incredible weekend.

Is this heaven? No, it's Colorado.

danimal

Grabbed 2 GA tix and a Roll Call membership for the early entry laminate for my Fiancee's birthday.  Looking forward to our first Red Rocks show.

e-stone

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 10, 2015, 10:21 PM

The best thing about Red Rocks GA nowadays is that when you get your spot down front, everyone in the first 3 or 4(?) rows is given a wristband signifying that they belong there. During the show, interlopers are given a quick heave-ho by the courteous staff, and that is awesome.

See you in the lot!

just a quick note on this - Row 1 is handicapped/contest winners.  GA starts at Row 2, and it used to be that Row 2 and 3 received wristbands.  last summer i only went to one RR show (Beck), and Row 2 were the only ones to receive the wristbands.  i'm not sure if that was that particular show, or if that is now practice. 

gardenparty

I'm in.  wanted to go GA but decided on reserved last minute.

anybody know how row 34 is?
Sure I can always swap with somebody but I do like having a seat

Crispy

Quote from: e-stone on Mar 13, 2015, 02:04 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Mar 10, 2015, 10:21 PM

The best thing about Red Rocks GA nowadays is that when you get your spot down front, everyone in the first 3 or 4(?) rows is given a wristband signifying that they belong there. During the show, interlopers are given a quick heave-ho by the courteous staff, and that is awesome.

See you in the lot!

just a quick note on this - Row 1 is handicapped/contest winners.  GA starts at Row 2, and it used to be that Row 2 and 3 received wristbands.  last summer i only went to one RR show (Beck), and Row 2 were the only ones to receive the wristbands.  i'm not sure if that was that particular show, or if that is now practice.

Interesting, good to know! I probably misremembered, and maybe it was just the second row that got wristbands at the last show I was at there (MMJ), but I thought it was more. Still, it's good.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

JerseyDan

I'm in! Row 33...no complaints...this is MMJ MECCA!

CHIMMJFAN

So I have question. If I'm in GA and not in a row that they give our wristbands, is it pretty much a free for all when you leave to go get drinks and come back for your seat? Are there seats in GA or is it just standing room?

Thanks!

CHIMMJFAN

AtDawn

There is not a bad seat at Red Rocks, there are spots that are better than others but nothing sucks anywhere really...unless you get on the edge of a row at the top, but still not that terrible- it's Red Rocks.  If you're in GA, the biggest tip I have is don't go in and go straight to a spot where you came in- you might deal with people walking in and out right in front of you all night. 

I just moved back to the south from Denver, and other then some awesome people I met there, the thing I'll miss the most is being able to hop in a car and head to RR whenever I can.  Even though I didn't see that many good shows there haha

cderosa1185

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Mar 13, 2015, 07:21 PM
So I have question. If I'm in GA and not in a row that they give our wristbands, is it pretty much a free for all when you leave to go get drinks and come back for your seat? Are there seats in GA or is it just standing room?

Thanks!

CHIMMJFAN

No seats at all. Pretty much a free for all. Make sure you have a buddy to hold your spot! But unlike a lot of other places with standing GA, there's more room to wiggle around. Went in 2012 and had no issues grabbing a brew and coming back to my spot

ericm

Quote from: cderosa1185 on Mar 13, 2015, 09:35 PM

Thanks!

CHIMMJFAN

No seats at all. Pretty much a free for all. Make sure you have a buddy to hold your spot! But unlike a lot of other places with standing GA, there's more room to wiggle around. Went in 2012 and had no issues grabbing a brew and coming back to my spot

No seats but aren't there bench type seats in each row? I know we never sat during the show, and I was psyched to be there, and had a few, but I swear I remember sitting, and talking to our crew preshow.  :grin: Could've just been all the Grey Goose from our great JFW tailgate in the North lot though.  :wink:   :beer:

"Where's Jim going?"

Crispy

Quote from: ericm on Mar 13, 2015, 09:51 PM

Thanks!

CHIMMJFAN

No seats but aren't there bench type seats in each row? I know we never sat during the show, and I was psyched to be there, and had a few, but I swear I remember sitting, and talking to our crew preshow.  :grin: Could've just been all the Grey Goose from our great JFW tailgate in the North lot though.  :wink:   :beer:

Do you mean Grakers?

Refer back to Stevie's post about the seating -- each row is a bench all the way across the amphitheater, but there's about three feet or so from your feet to the next bench down. Lots of room to move.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ericm

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 13, 2015, 10:25 PM
Quote from: ericm on Mar 13, 2015, 09:51 PM

Thanks!

CHIMMJFAN

Do you mean Grakers?

Refer back to Stevie's post about the seating -- each row is a bench all the way across the amphitheater, but there's about three feet or so from your feet to the next bench down. Lots of room to move.

Ahh yes, that's how I remember it.  :thumbsup: for a minute there I thought maybe we were just sitting on concrete waiting for the show to start. I didn't think I had that many Grakers.  :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"