Red Rocks - August 14

Started by e_wind, Mar 03, 2015, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHIMMJFAN

Sounds good, yeah I just know my buddy who is going with me is a big dude and probably won't be running to get a spot, lol. Either way I can't wait and it's our first time going to Denver and Red Rocks! I'm counting the days, can't wait!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

Jenbear

Hi there from beautiful amazing Colorado!
If you have general admission tickets you will need to make a day of it. Start early and arrive at the north upper lot or south lot from Morrison and you will have to stand in the cue until the doors open. Then it is a full on run to the open seats. Plan on meeting some great people and doing some tailgating and walking a bit...we are at 6,400 feet in elevation so drink lots of water if you are from lower elevations and I mean lots of water! Especially if you plan on having any alcoholic beverages. I don't think they care if you have a Roll Call Lanyard they did not last two shows there. They let you in to the park when they let you! Read the rules of Red Rocks on their website they are quite clear and will turn you away if you don't and it's a long walk back to your vehicle! Plan on any kind of weather (and it can change very quickly)! Early Bird is the Word. Take some time to hike around the park, it is beautiful, and historic. Sun yourself on the sandstone rocks. See the museum and dine at Shiprock. But most of all, there is not a bad seat in the venue. The energy here is like no other. Can't wait to meet you all at the Rocks! And I hope they add a second show. Just sayin'!!!

Woldie

Start early?  Exactly how early do you recommend?
"The owls are not what they seem."

Jimsfurryboots

I'll be making my first trip out to red rocks! My buddy moved to Golden about two years ago and still has yet gone to a red rocks show, and it'll also be his first MMJ show! He's an avid hiker/trail runner and knows the area well so we'll be making a full day of it.

sherpahigh

Did anyone else get tickets through the Gilt City pre-sale? I grabbed some GA tickets and the tickets specifically say for "Standing room only" in rows 25-27...

I haven't seen any other mention of specific rows with GA tickets and it seems to me people are saying that reserved starts in row 26?

Fritz

Quote from: sherpahigh on Mar 17, 2015, 03:33 PM
Did anyone else get tickets through the Gilt City pre-sale? I grabbed some GA tickets and the tickets specifically say for "Standing room only" in rows 25-27...

I haven't seen any other mention of specific rows with GA tickets and it seems to me people are saying that reserved starts in row 26?
From the official ticketing page here:

JDUB

Quote from: Jenbear on Mar 14, 2015, 07:11 AM
If you have general admission tickets you will need to make a day of it. Start early and arrive at the north upper lot or south lot from Morrison and you will have to stand in the cue until the doors open. Then it is a full on run to the open seats. Plan on meeting some great people and doing some tailgating and walking a bit...we are at 6,400 feet in elevation so drink lots of water if you are from lower elevations and I mean lots of water! Especially if you plan on having any alcoholic beverages. I don't think they care if you have a Roll Call Lanyard they did not last two shows there. They let you in to the park when they let you! Read the rules of Red Rocks on their website they are quite clear and will turn you away if you don't and it's a long walk back to your vehicle! Plan on any kind of weather (and it can change very quickly)! Early Bird is the Word. Take some time to hike around the park, it is beautiful, and historic. Sun yourself on the sandstone rocks. See the museum and dine at Shiprock. But most of all, there is not a bad seat in the venue. The energy here is like no other. Can't wait to meet you all at the Rocks! And I hope they add a second show. Just sayin'!!!
Just curious, if you have to get there early to stake out a spot in GA, how does one manage to enjoy the park and tailgate? To me, Red Rocks sounds like a logistical nightmare if you don't have a reserved seat.

ericm

Quote from: JDUB on Mar 17, 2015, 04:36 PM
Quote from: Jenbear on Mar 14, 2015, 07:11 AM
Just curious, if you have to get there early to stake out a spot in GA, how does one manage to enjoy the park and tailgate? To me, Red Rocks sounds like a logistical nightmare if you don't have a reserved seat.

One of the many benefits to being a member of a great forum such as this is the get togethers at shows. The year I went in 11 we had a pretty nice size group tailgate in the North lot. We got there early afternoon, and setup at the front of the entrance. Everyone was free to mingle, walk around the lot, enter the park, or even tour the museum with no worries about losing their place in line because we had plenty of people to keep our places in line, and hold our spots.

In fact as great as that show was, the tailgate was just as great! I'll have those memories forever, and they're just as vivid now as they were that day.  :thumbsup:

I'm sure there was a similar get together the next time they played there, and will be this year too.   :cool: Keep checking  the thread for info, then just show up, introduce yourself, and have a great time with no worries.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Stevie

Yeah, as i recall, the actual line to go in doesnt start forming u til maybe an hour before doors.  Its sort of hard to explain but we formed an informal line in the parling lot and you could just put a lawn chair in your spot and walk around talking to people.  At the front of the line people had tables and canopies set up.  When they announced that they wanted us to form the real line most of us took our stuff back to the car and walked over to the gate in approximately the same order we had been in. 

Its not super organized but its fun and it works.  Just show up at least a couple hours early and you dont have anything to worry about in ga.

Crispy

An important step is to makes friends with the people immediately ahead and behind you in line, so that you can go do what you need to do, and then reclaim your rightful place when the time comes, or at least get close to it. Most everybody is very cool about doing this.  :beer:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

CHIMMJFAN

Can't wait to get to meet everyone at the tailgate. My friend has two of his friends meeting us there and going to their first MMJ show. It's gonna be a night of great music and meeting new folks!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

excel

I am making a road trip down from Calgary for this show. Any tips for a first timer to Red Rocks?

ffghtrs

that would rock to have britt from Alabama Shakes, and John Mother Fuckin' Oates play with them!

i am anticipating this every day.  i put on another album and i'm like i really wish this was MMJ and i was leaving for RED ROCKS RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

rincon2

The Alabama Shakes are in my area on the 14th, Santa Barbara Bowl. Brittany is a no show, guaranteed. I however, will be at Red Rocks for 2 shows that weekend, and later at the SB Bowl for MMJ with a nice group of friends who have never all socialized at the same time.

ffghtrs

so if i can't make it...what do you guys think the chances are that i can transfer will call to my buddy in Colorado.

i really hope i don't get the job....cross your fingers.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

millerjustin

ffighters - if you and your buddy look anything alike, your best bet would be to mail your ID to him for the weekend
What's in here won't disappear

e_wind

Quote from: ffghtrs on Jun 01, 2015, 08:40 PM
so if i can't make it...what do you guys think the chances are that i can transfer will call to my buddy in Colorado.

i really hope i don't get the job....cross your fingers.
I transferred my physical Chicago tickets to a friends name in will call because I can't make it. If they are through Roll Call, email WU
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ffghtrs

i see... i'm hoping for the best.  I'm thinking of the ID thing. and i'm thinking o sending the debit card i bought it with two and buying him his wife and baby a meal with it.  that'd crack me up.  but any who i kinda really hope i don't get the job.  i just want to RED ROCKS it up.  i knew i shouldn't have worried about finances until after Red Rocks!

ffghtrs

this just in....I DIDN'T GET THE JOB! FUCK YEAH!

Fully

Quote from: ffghtrs on Jun 05, 2015, 12:59 AM
this just in....I DIDN'T GET THE JOB! FUCK YEAH!
Happiest I've ever seen someone who didn't get the job. :D