Red Rocks - August 14

Started by e_wind, Mar 03, 2015, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek713

Quote from: ffghtrs on Jun 05, 2015, 12:59 AM
this just in....I DIDN'T GET THE JOB! FUCK YEAH!

Congratulations?????  :thumbsup:  See ya at Red Rocks!!!

e-stone

for whatever it's worth - at last nights Ryan Adams show, only the very first GA row got wristbands from security.  this continues the trend i noticed from the end of last summer.

luckily it was a very cool audience and there were no incidents  - at least not from my vantage point in the second row.  unfortunately the show was cut short due to lightning.

rincon2

Quote from: e-stone on Jun 05, 2015, 09:38 PM
for whatever it's worth - at last nights Ryan Adams show, only the very first GA row got wristbands from security.  this continues the trend i noticed from the end of last summer.

luckily it was a very cool audience and there were no incidents  - at least not from my vantage point in the second row.  unfortunately the show was cut short due to lightning.
What are the purposes of the wristbands? You get to stay in the very front? Hopefully with the Roll Call early entry, none of that will be an issue.

e-stone

previously, the first 2 rows at GA shows would receive wristbands after the initial rush of doors opening settled down a bit.  this allowed you to come and go as you please as the security at the front of the stage would know what to look for and kick people out that did not have the wristbands.  row 3 and beyond, you're on your own.  and once the lights go down, there will be drunk assholes that attempt to squeeze on in.

however, if there is a large enough group together, this is not usually a huge issue.  it was just nice to have to not worry about it at all.

even with early entry (which now i'm a little nervous about seeing as we didn't get a return of the sound check party) there will be plenty of us in row 2, 3 and even 4.

ffghtrs

here's to hoping we get up there bright and early!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

rincon2

The best (for me) GA policy I ever saw was at the Wiltern run. The first 200 into the pit get wrist bands, and they are the only ones allowed in. With early entry you could not miss. That made the pit pretty light, and you could always leave and come back to the same spot. Even the rail.

ffghtrs

that sounds amazing...i had to pee after seeing everest open for MMJ in seattle last time they were here...anywho i told the guy behind me to remember my face and i came back.  he was a dick about it.  so i let him in front of me.  just so i didn't have to argue with him and have a bad night...he was tool with a terrible mustache.  i hate people like that. was complaining about how rude i was for like twenty minutes i finally told him to get over it you got a better spot.  and i didn't get to stand next to my friend.  then some douche comes pushing through right at they are about to start and pushes everyone over.  Seattle get your act together.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

ffghtrs

so found out today I'm still in the running for the job....bummer. i need a job but i also need MMJ and Red Rocks at the same time!

dondantears

I purchased two GA tickets to the Red Rocks show and unfortunately cannot attend. I paid exactly $64.20 per ticket. Let me know if any fans out there need 1 or 2.

Thanks,
Ryan

Cameron

I'd love to take one of those off your hands if it is still available.

gardenparty

it's strange to me that they are playing so many multi night runs this tour and Red Rocks didn't end up with at least two shows.  end of tour, one of their favorite venues, tons of Roll Callers making the trip, etc etc.

Must have just been a booking thing

sillyboob

Yeah - but with Alabama Shakes & the Drive-by Truckers playing two days later, it works out pretty dang good!  First time at Red Rocks and get to see Jacket & the Shakes with the DBTs.  Gonna be great! 

It'll almost make up for no OBH in 2016.  Almost...
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

logan5ive

Maybe they're saving up for next year?  :thumbsup:
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

sillyboob

Quote from: logan5ive on Jun 12, 2015, 08:44 PM
Maybe they're saving up for next year?  :thumbsup:
My can only imagine how killer OBH 2017 is going to be. Time to save up!!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

ruralt

My boss seemed to have no qualms with me taking time off for this so I'm about to pull the trigger on some tickets from the vultures at Stubhub.  But I have a couple of questions:

This'll be about a 10-12 hour drive from my house - not sure exactly because I've never been - we were planning on leaving at like 5 a.m. Friday but I guess this won't be early enough?  I'll want to try to do early entry, provided the venue honors it, so what time should I try to arrive to get a good parking spot, have less of a walk, etc., etc.?  Sorry for the dumb questions.  I have no idea how RR works.

Emb1528

Quote from: dondantears on Jun 11, 2015, 04:10 PM
I purchased two GA tickets to the Red Rocks show and unfortunately cannot attend. I paid exactly $64.20 per ticket. Let me know if any fans out there need 1 or 2.

Thanks,
Ryan
PM sent
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

MrWhippy

Quote from: ruralt on Jun 13, 2015, 01:34 PM
My boss seemed to have no qualms with me taking time off for this so I'm about to pull the trigger on some tickets from the vultures at Stubhub.  But I have a couple of questions:

This'll be about a 10-12 hour drive from my house - not sure exactly because I've never been - we were planning on leaving at like 5 a.m. Friday but I guess this won't be early enough?  I'll want to try to do early entry, provided the venue honors it, so what time should I try to arrive to get a good parking spot, have less of a walk, etc., etc.?  Sorry for the dumb questions.  I have no idea how RR works.

I think you can count on early entry being 30 minutes before the doors open for the general public, and I'm sure they will do it for Red Rocks.

There are several parking lots around the amphitheater and I would think that if you were getting there early enough for early entry, you would certainly still be able to get a spot in one of them. Last year for Jack White we drove in shortly before the opening act started, and there were still plenty of spots in one of the lower lots.

Every experience I've had at Red Rocks has been very mellow and easy, even for sold out shows, so you don't need to stress about the logistics too much around that place.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

ruralt

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jun 14, 2015, 02:45 PM
I think you can count on early entry being 30 minutes before the doors open for the general public, and I'm sure they will do it for Red Rocks.

There are several parking lots around the amphitheater and I would think that if you were getting there early enough for early entry, you would certainly still be able to get a spot in one of them. Last year for Jack White we drove in shortly before the opening act started, and there were still plenty of spots in one of the lower lots.

Every experience I've had at Red Rocks has been very mellow and easy, even for sold out shows, so you don't need to stress about the logistics too much around that place.

Yeah I saw on the Roll Call site about the 30 minute entry, just didn't know if I needed to get there even earlier than that.  Cool beans.  Thanks very much for the info!! :thumbsup:

vladin01

Don't mean to threadjack, but anybody know if you can just show up, park, and tailgate/listen to the concert from the parking lot without a ticket?

walterfredo

Quote from: vladin01 on Jun 15, 2015, 09:56 PM
Don't mean to threadjack, but anybody know if you can just show up, park, and tailgate/listen to the concert from the parking lot without a ticket?

You can, not sure how much you'll really be able to hear from the lot. A lot of ticketless wooks climb up in the rocks behind the venue.  Only time I've seen them check tix to get into the lot was phish 96, but I've been there several times since and anyone can get into the lot.