Red Rocks - August 14

Started by e_wind, Mar 03, 2015, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kholl44

I've been requesting IWSYS all summer and missed the shows it's been played at... Fingers crossed
I'm in love with this soul; it's a meaning that I understand

dookie shoot bandit

I am confused as to what they mean by "first ever live concert stream show" ???

Stop me if I'm wrong but numerous amounts of the festival appearances have been streamed live, and also when Circuital came out they streamed that show directed by Todd Haynes.

I get that this is a new cool way to stream with releasing the download and able to watch it for 24 hrs... But why call it the "first" ?

gardenparty

good question
I know I watched the last RR show live on AXS (and loved it)

parkervb

yea, that is peculiar. I'm sure that's TourGigs that is saying that b/c they definitely had Todd Haynes directed webcast/stream.

Maybe it's the first one that is widely available on something besides YouTube (the Todd Haynes event was on YT)??
Don't you ever turn it off

dookie shoot bandit

Yea it is weird. And some sort of marketing tool by this tourgigs.. Or maybe they mean the first live stream concert that you have to "pay" for?

Well, I guess it worked.. Fuck it I bought the bundle!

Stevie

Never got a response email or text from the guy who had 4 extras.  Still looking for one ticket in any area for our daughter.  Please text Nine-2-Oh, Two Twenty 2, One O FIVE Niner if you can help me out, thanks!

Cameron

Early Entry Info.

August 14 - Red Rocks Amphitheatre - Morrison, CO
Box Office Hours: 4pm
Arrival for First Entry (30 Mins before doors): 6pm
Early Entry Door Time (15 Mins before doors): 6:15pm
Public Door Time: 6:30pm
Show Time: 8pm
Roll Call Location: Line will be located at the South Gate Entrance

ffghtrs

where is the South Gate Entrance...I want to get close!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

CHIMMJFAN

Damn I just realized that Red Rocks is going to be my 20th MMJ Show!!!! It's like an anniversary, lol

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

ffghtrs

CHIMMJFAN  where in Chicago are you from...i hail from LaGrange/Brookfield.  Southwest suburbs.  also congrats on big 20...I'm at 7 but hope for more lots more... so much more...what songs you hoping to hear.  I asked IWSYS and Wonderful (the way i feel) for my dad.  should be cool!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

CHIMMJFAN

Quote from: ffghtrs on Aug 13, 2015, 03:27 AM
CHIMMJFAN  where in Chicago are you from...i hail from LaGrange/Brookfield.  Southwest suburbs.  also congrats on big 20...I'm at 7 but hope for more lots more... so much more...what songs you hoping to hear.  I asked IWSYS and Wonderful (the way i feel) for my dad.  should be cool!

Hey there! I grew up south suburbs New Lenox when I was younger and have lived in Chicago and now live in Naperville. Kind of all around I guess you would say. Yeah I'm so excited this is my first trip to Red Rocks and I'm bringing a friend who is going to his first MMJ Show.

I always request "Come Closer" but I sent a tweet to Tom asking him about doing a combo of "Into the Woods" into "Like a River" or vice versa...I think that would kill!
I'm just hoping for a longer show, maybe a few rare songs, and damn "Spring" is amazing live.........can't wait less than two days! I fly out Friday morning work today is gonna be so hard to get through! lol

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

sillyboob

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Aug 13, 2015, 03:46 AM
Quote from: ffghtrs on Aug 13, 2015, 03:27 AM
I always request "Come Closer" but I sent a tweet to Tom asking him about doing a combo of "Into the Woods" into "Like a River" or vice versa...I think that would kill!
I'm just hoping for a longer show, maybe a few rare songs, and damn "Spring" is amazing live.........can't wait less than two days! I fly out Friday morning work today is gonna be so hard to get through! lol

CHIMMJFAN

"Into The Woods" into "Like A River" - that is inspired!  And just to hear "Into The Woods" live would be awesome! 

The show is going to be killer.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Woody

Looks for 2, maybe 3 tickets. Anyone?

Woldie

Looks like Mother Nature may be adding her own special touches to the ambience and lighting design.  Could be a wet one, folks, but, after witnessing what happened at Bonnaroo 2008, I say "Bring it on."  Bring your preferred insulation.  Insulation... I don't wanna feel a thing...
"The owls are not what they seem."

sweatboard

So, do you have to pay the $20 even if you don't want the bootleg?  I just want to watch the stream.  Thanks!
There's Still Time.........

vespachick

Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 13, 2015, 02:20 PM
So, do you have to pay the $20 even if you don't want the bootleg?  I just want to watch the stream.  Thanks!

It's $12.99 just for the stream, yes, you can order just it.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Drhtx

Quote from: Cameron on Aug 12, 2015, 08:25 PM
Early Entry Info.

August 14 - Red Rocks Amphitheatre - Morrison, CO
Box Office Hours: 4pm
Arrival for First Entry (30 Mins before doors): 6pm
Early Entry Door Time (15 Mins before doors): 6:15pm
Public Door Time: 6:30pm
Show Time: 8pm
Roll Call Location: Line will be located at the South Gate Entrance

I am flying in tomorrow for the show. Does MMJ come on at 8 or is that sylvan esso?
Thanks!

gardenparty

my requests:
opener - the Bear
encore opener - Butch Cassidy

sweatboard

Quote from: vespachick on Aug 13, 2015, 02:28 PM
Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 13, 2015, 02:20 PM

It's $12.99 just for the stream, yes, you can order just it.

Thanks!!
There's Still Time.........

jimhb

any news on early entry?