Take a Peek Under The Waterfall

Started by MACKEL, Mar 19, 2015, 09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MACKEL

This just came in my email!

We hope you enjoy this peek under the waterfall.

Love,

Jim, Tom, Patrick, Bo & Carl

My Morning Jacket - Under The Waterfall
Been lookin back, down through the ages; First I was an ancient, then I was an infant, now I'm ALIVE

MACKEL

I'M READY FOR IT NOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Been lookin back, down through the ages; First I was an ancient, then I was an infant, now I'm ALIVE

JDUB

I loved every snippet I heard in this video. Can't wait to hear the rest!

parkervb

clearly those are snippets of tracks from the album and yea, I am ready!!!
Don't you ever turn it off

sb_gli

Emb1528

Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

CountSA

Wow this got my incredibly excited!  Based on the snippets I feel like "Get the Point" is gonna my one of my favorites.

subinai

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: CountSA on Mar 19, 2015, 09:34 AM
Wow this got my incredibly excited!  Based on the snippets I feel like "Get the Point" is gonna my one of my favorites.

I agree!!!!
Sounds like a new Golden type sound

DayDrinkin

[  ] did not get chills
  • got chills

TheDark

The opening song in the video--- i think its Spring(Among the Living) sounds really good! I already know Big Decisions, Compound Fracture, & Only Memories Remain sound great live so this teaser just got me even more pumped about the album and tour.

MusiKel Mama

Okay, so this could just be me going down a weird path, but this kind of came from the ether and I added it to my soul soup:

So Circuital was very much about aspects of the ego...outta my system, wanna freak out, black metal, etc. There were these moments of transcendence...glimpses of being...as in wonderful or slow, slow tune...pathways to 'a new state of mind'.

Now, a waterfall, in terms of eastern philosophy, is kind of the representation of the living life force, the chi, the flow...it is the bridge between the ego and the infinite stillness of one's innermost nature. So I feel like it is possible that these little "snippets" are glimpses into the transcendent. But at the same time, if you are "seeking" them out, instead of letting them come to you, they are just feeding the ego, which can never be satisfied. This is why the waterfall is like the owls in Twin Peaks...when led by the duality of mind, they represent heaven and/or hell...but when received from a state of inner being-ness, represent the flow. In which case, maybe the next album is the stillness?

I swear to God I don't smoke pot. I just do a lot of yoga :smiley:

dontgetupset

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but if anyone wants to stay at the house/recording studio you can (for a price): http://www.vrbo.com/505782

easy way

This one's gonna be special...  :smiley:
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

JDUB

Quote from: easy way on Mar 19, 2015, 11:20 AM
More special than when Circuital or Evil Urges came out? I'm not trying to start anything, but it seems like half this forum likes everything MMJ has released, and the other half have been disappointed with everything after the Z album. I fall into the first category.

MOWJO8185

Quote from: JDUB on Mar 19, 2015, 11:35 AM
More special than when Circuital or Evil Urges came out? I'm not trying to start anything, but it seems like half this forum likes everything MMJ has released, and the other half have been disappointed with everything after the Z album. I fall into the first category.

I like everything they have released, but also feel Evil Urges and Circuital were a step down from their previous works. Which speaks more to the transcendence of their previous work than the inferiority of their new stuff.  The video has me cautiously optimistic that the new album is going to be closer to the earlier albums. But of course, it's two minutes of a 45-50 minute album.

1eyed_jack

Quote from: MusiKel Mama on Mar 19, 2015, 10:58 AM
Okay, so this could just be me going down a weird path, but this kind of came from the ether and I added it to my soul soup:

So Circuital was very much about aspects of the ego...outta my system, wanna freak out, black metal, etc. There were these moments of transcendence...glimpses of being...as in wonderful or slow, slow tune...pathways to 'a new state of mind'.

Now, a waterfall, in terms of eastern philosophy, is kind of the representation of the living life force, the chi, the flow...it is the bridge between the ego and the infinite stillness of one's innermost nature. So I feel like it is possible that these little "snippets" are glimpses into the transcendent. But at the same time, if you are "seeking" them out, instead of letting them come to you, they are just feeding the ego, which can never be satisfied. This is why the waterfall is like the owls in Twin Peaks...when led by the duality of mind, they represent heaven and/or hell...but when received from a state of inner being-ness, represent the flow. In which case, maybe the next album is the stillness?

I swear to God I don't smoke pot. I just do a lot of yoga :smiley:

Yoga....right! I remember when I was younger and I used to do yoga before seeing a show!  :thumbsup:

kotchishm

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

1eyed_jack

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Mar 19, 2015, 11:40 AM
Quote from: JDUB on Mar 19, 2015, 11:35 AM

I like everything they have released, but also feel Evil Urges and Circuital were a step down from their previous works. Which speaks more to the transcendence of their previous work than the inferiority of their new stuff.  The video has me cautiously optimistic that the new album is going to be closer to the earlier albums. But of course, it's two minutes of a 45-50 minute album.

It's weird, I agree that Evil Urges and Circuital fall below their other stuff, however, I probably listen to those two more than any of the other albums. I still listen to live stuff a lot though! After hearing so many of those Tennessee Fire/At Dawn/It Still Moves songs live, it sounds like the studio versions are missing something!  I'll have to go back and listen to them. It's been awhile!

itrainmonkeys

That opening.....the guitar was pretty but when the drums kicked in I was hooked. I need this album in my life.