Courtney Barnett

Started by Murph, Mar 23, 2015, 06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

Her new album Sometimes I Sit and Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit somehow has surpassed the expectations I had for it.  Every song is its own great little story. Avant Gardner was probably my favorite song of 2014, and now "Depreston" is easily my favorite song of this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtGD1rMGaig

ralph

Depreston perfectly sums up Melbourne in just on 4 minutes.
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

oistheone

I have been seriously crushing on Courtney for a few months now. Her album is fantastic, and she is a wonderfully unique songwriter, but what sold me is her axemanship. She is a goddamned guitar hero!! "Small Poppies" is so damn psychedelic -- those licks slay me! Can't wait to see her live this summer.

BH

I love her first album.   Great songwriting and some of the best lyrics I've heard in a long time.    Anonymous Club is my favorite.   Looking forward to the new album for sure.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

LBSUNFLWR

I like her too. We saw her open for Phosphorescent last year and she was very fun live too!!

dmooney99

I heard Pedestrian at Best for the first time the other day, really good.  Avant Gardener was pretty good also.   Depreston sounds solid