Chicago Blues Festival - 6/12-14/2015

Started by Mr. White, Mar 21, 2015, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

When looking up information about Chicago and what to do during the MMJ 3-night run there in June, I stumbled upon this interesting piece of information: The Annual Chicago Blues Festival will be starting the day after MMJ's 3-night run! My wife and I are planning to stay in a hotel within a mile of The Chicago Theater, so we can walk to the place and back for our two shows. We will be checking out of the hotel at 12:00 noon on that Friday, June 12th and have decided to keep our car parked in the parking structure we will already be paying for and walk the less than one mile to Grant Park for this FREE all day event. Here is a link to the information the City of Chicago has posted on their Interweb page.

https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/dca/supp_info/chicago_blues_festival.html

I have only been to this Festival once, back in the summer of 1988, and I had a wonderful time. I went for the whole second day (Saturday), and the last two acts were Bobby Blue Bland and Etta James! I'm so glad I got the chance to see these two blues legends in person! I wish I could have stayed in town for night three when B.B. King was the closing act, but my friend and I had to be back on base at the Great Lakes Naval Base up in Waukegan in north Chicago, but I did get to listen to it on the radio (they had a live broadcast of the event). This year's Festival will be billed as "Chicago Blues Festival to Celebrate Legacy of Muddy Waters and Willie Dixon". This will make the trip up to the "Windy City" an absolute blast!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Bulldog

Damm nice find....

That just could change my plans by a day as well, hard to pass up when your already in town for good music and for us, after making the trek from Mpls, might as well make it even more worthwhile.