Song Exploder- Spring (Among the Living)

Started by ellisintransit, Apr 23, 2015, 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellisintransit

http://songexploder.net/my-morning-jacket/

I listen to this podcast called Song Exploder.  They take one song per episode and have the artist talk about the making of and ideas behind the song.  You get to hear multi-track parts and other cool stuff.  Today's episode features Jim talking about Spring (Among the Living) and it's pretty outstanding.  Enjoy!

jaye

That's great - Wish it was longer.  Thanks! 

justbcuzido

This is AMAZING.. I want more of this from every Jacket song..

At 5:40 I really love Jims Joke.. "This always reminds me of the news".. I cracked up hearing that.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Jackets N Pones

This is so cool. Thank you for posting. What a perfect song for the song exploder. To be honest I didn't really like this song when I first heard it because I thought it was too busy but now that the different parts are broken out and I can listen for them I really love it. Ha yes the Bo "news" sound rocks the house and I absolutely love the strings. Thank you again!!! Letting this run and next episode is theme music from Downton? SUBSCRIBE

Also, I wonder if the song exploder has ever done "master exploder" by Tenacious D? Sorry had to do it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KAl-b5RfOM&list=RD2KAl-b5RfOM#t=3

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Murph

That was so awesome and it actually made me like and appreciate the song so much more.  I just went down the rabbit hole a bit listening to other episodes also, really cool website.

The Spoon one was particularly interesting.  It was crazy to hear how "Inside Out", which was probably my favorite song of last year, came about from demo to the finished product

Emb1528

Quote from: justbcuzido on Apr 23, 2015, 11:23 AM
This is AMAZING.. I want more of this from every Jacket song..

At 5:40 I really love Jims Joke.. "This always reminds me of the news".. I cracked up hearing that.

This is awesome! That would be super cool to hear other songs!
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

APR

Great find ellis.  I also wish they would have more MMJ tunes on there.  I dig the behind the scenes stuff like that, especially when Bo says he completely forgot about a note and will have to add it back in when playing the song in the future.  I'll be listening to some of the other artists' songs on there soon.