Jim covering blind melon?

Started by dub82, Apr 29, 2015, 12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub82

Sorry of this has been posted already, but I just got a Twitter message thanking Jim for covering blind melons sleepy house (their best song by a mile) for a Shannon hoon documentary.

Anyone know any other details?

BH

This would make me so so happy.    Must be the Danny Clinch project which would make sense.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dub82

Yep, that's it. I just listened to it. Really nice, just Jim with minimal instruments.

BH

dub82 do you mind if I change the title of this post from a question mark to an EXCLAMATION POINT!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

justbcuzido

This is one of the few times I can say I prefer the original over the cover when it comes to Jim/MMJ. I like it, don't really love it. Maybe it's just the music that's not doing it for me. I like the vocal performance alot, but the Blind Melon version always put me on a cosmic journey with the guitars, where this kind of makes me sleepy.

would love to hear the boys do Change or I Wonder. Get chills just thinking of that possibility.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

gardenparty

yeah, I was hoping this would be an acoustic version.  Still a nice little treat though

mwm140230

The Seth Avett cover was amazing as well. The Avett Brothers, like MMJ in "Come Closer," allude to shannon hoon and blind melon in the song "smoke in our lights"
Sober n Serene

mattyice

Quote from: justbcuzido on Apr 29, 2015, 04:06 PM
would love to hear the boys do Change or I Wonder. Get chills just thinking of that possibility.

Change is on a small list of songs that has the potential to make me cry every time I hear it