Compound Fracture (Miami Jungle Version)

Started by oistheone, May 02, 2015, 10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

This version deserves its own thread.

"Love those jazz chords at the end."

The album version stands up, and I love it, but this Miami Jungle version kicks fucking ass. That guitar solo is sooooo killer, and Tom doing the "woo-ooo-ooo" on the bass was such a sweet surprise and ohhh-so deliciously tasty. What a pocket groove there is to this track! This version packs the lethal punch that the album version turns into a sweet gloss.

Both are killer. Just so glad that this alternate version was officially released. Would love the chance to hear other Jacket classics done in alternate arranagements! You know they're out there somewhere!

subinai

The bass part was an "oh shit" moment for me. Agree with you on hearing alt versions of past songs.

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

oistheone

Yep, on the 7-inch with the deluxe vinyl and also included on the standard vinyl download card and the deluxe CD edition.

walterfredo

If anyone could hook me up a download of this and the other extra tracks I'd be eternally grateful.

Dillsnufus

it's silly the download they send on us doesn't include the bonus tracks
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Come Closer

I understand why they put the other version on the album, but yeah i like this one more.

bhyman

Quote from: walterfredo on May 03, 2015, 12:40 PM
If anyone could hook me up a download of this and the other extra tracks I'd be eternally grateful.
Spotify has the bonus tracks on the deluxe version of the album. Really like Hillside Song.

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

RobRoy286

At first it sounded weird but now I love the pre-chorus in the alternate version. Just gotta give it some time now.

Lonndown27

I don't get why they didn't merely use everything on this version combined with the OOO OOO OOO backing vocals?  Why not make the perfect version instead of one on the LP that's near yawn inducing compared to the barnstorming blitzkrieg on this version. ..it sounds a lot more live....LIVER THAN YOULL EVER BE ;)
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

armando

Anyone know why it's called the Miami Jungle Version?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ncjacket

Quote from: oistheone on May 02, 2015, 10:58 PM
This version deserves its own thread.

This version packs the lethal punch that the album version turns into a sweet gloss.

Exactly. Hope the play this version live!

manonthemoon

This version is definitely the better of the two IMO, of course I hope the live version allows a little more guitar work to flesh out some
Alive or Just Breathing

C.S.

Quote from: armando on May 09, 2015, 08:46 AM
Anyone know why it's called the Miami Jungle Version?

I was just listening and the sound of this version strikes me as something that would be right at home in a Miami Vice style show.  It just has that "Miami" energy; reminds me of someone driving a Lamborghini down a palm tree lined avenue at high speed with all the neon flashing by.

johnnYYac

millerjustin

incidentally, that's Tucker Martine talking at the end with Jim - in essence giving him shit for going off script.  I read that they tracked like 90 versions of this song and they said it was the hardest track they've ever worked on. 

I'd say the effort paid off!!!

PS - their current live arrangement takes a little something from both versions - I like it when they extend the drum/bass intro for as long as they can before Jim does the 4 count - and you can hear lots more Bo live - which is closer to Alt version

What's in here won't disappear

johnnYYac

I thought I heard Ratterman's voice at the end, too...