Main Menu

Thin Line

Started by spence, May 04, 2015, 12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spence

Listening to the album for first time today and really enjoying.  I was surprised to hear the Nobody Loves You Sodomy verse incorporated into Thin Line with sodomy changed to except for me.  Anybody else notice that?

Stevie

I often fail to decode some of the humor that is offered up on this board so you'll have to excuse me when I ask in the nicest way possible, "What on earth are you talking about??"   :shocked:

spence

It's some old Jim song.  I have no idea where it came from either, except that you can tell its old by his voice.  He sounds young on it. 

justbcuzido

Quote from: spence on May 04, 2015, 12:18 PM
It's some old Jim song.  I have no idea where it came from either, except that you can tell its old by his voice.  He sounds young on it.

Where can we find this song of sodomy?
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Angelo

I've never heard this sodomy joint but I remember reading an interview with the band, can't recall which outlet, but Jim said that when they were recording the song, Tom thought of a part in an older song and thought it would fit well in Thin Line. That must be it. Thanks for solving that mystery spence!

marino13

I've only heard "Thin Line" once, but something about it reminded me of "Vampire" by Dr. Dog.

meltingaway

that geetah solo, although way too short for me, has the potential to be incredible live --i really hope they extend it live, i could listen to that all damn day

RobRoy286

Wow that's crazy. That line is probably my favorite part of the Waterfall

CHIMMJFAN

Great find! Gets me wondering how many snippets from back in the day are waiting to be made into full tracks.

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home