First Listen Live Webcast 5/7

Started by fijiboard, May 06, 2015, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fijiboard

Looks like there's a webcast for tomorrow night's FLL.

http://mymorningjacket.com/news/242183

10:00PM EST / 7:00PM PST on KCRW.com and at NPR.com/music.

Mahgeetah34

This is stupid. Neither stream will work,on my iPad or cell phone. :angry:

1eyed_jack

Something sounds a bit missing. I'm not sure if it's just fresh songs the band needs to break in, or just a very poor mix, but some of these songs sound like they are missing something to me. Spring sounded very good though.

patrickbateman

Quote from: 1eyed_jack on May 07, 2015, 10:46 PM

Something sounds a bit missing. I'm not sure if it's just fresh songs the band needs to break in, or just a very poor mix, but some of these songs sound like they are missing something to me. Spring sounded very good though.

I felt that way about In its Infancy. Sounded a bit rough. Thought the rest sounded great though - Spring and Tropics were everything I was hoping for and was blown away by Believe.

1eyed_jack

Yeah, Spring and Tropics were fantastic, as was Memories Remain!

Maybe it was just that song (Infancy) which is a bit raw.

Stevie

I tuned in from work in time to hear the end of big decisions and all of tropics.  Tropics sounded great but I will say this, its a totally different vibe than we are used to.  Felt the same about Compound Fracture on Fallon.  Big D is pretty close to traditional Jacket vibe. But i think that a lot of these songs are going to need to be grouped with a waterfall buddy on the setlist so that they dont stick out so much.  Its a good thing though because it gives you a break from the typical endless array of explosions in a jacket set (which ill love either way). 

bigloop

They're new and fragile, he said.  Give them time. 

Stevie

Quote from: 1eyed_jack on May 07, 2015, 11:06 PM
Yeah, Spring and Tropics were fantastic, as was Memories Remain!

Maybe it was just that song (Infancy) which is a bit raw.

I dont want to know which ones, still wanting to save some surprises for athens, but were any of the songs altered significantly from the album version (extensions, injected jams, etc.) or was it pretty close to the album?

bigloop

All were pretty faithful to the album, but without the "production".

Stevie

Quote from: bigloop on May 07, 2015, 11:20 PM
All were pretty faithful to the album, but without the "production".

Going to be difficultto match that but im sure they will figure out a way to make it work.

oistheone

Something was definitely up with the web mix. Carl was practically inaudible on Like a River and Waterfall. Sounded like Jim's guitar was cutting in and out too. Maybe it was just my computer but the sound was so shaky I couldn't even listen, had to turn it off!

SpaceWrangler

Quote from: Stevie on May 07, 2015, 11:10 PM

I dont want to know which ones, still wanting to save some surprises for athens, but were any of the songs altered significantly from the album version (extensions, injected jams, etc.) or was it pretty close to the album?

There were some obvious spots where they started to jam a bit, but not too much.  It's going to be a lot different when they're in Athens. 

My guess is Spring, Tropics, maybe Thin Line will all have extended jams.  Those songs have some easy spots to improvise and experiment with. 
The Fact That My Heart's Beating IS ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED

bigloop

I really liked the atmospherics between Circuital and Victory Dance. They were going for a really psyched out feel...