Jim James! is he a workaholic?

Started by ffghtrs, May 11, 2015, 06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffghtrs

I'm not complaining about the fact that he never seems to stop producing bad ass kick ass rocking music every year but maybe he needs a hug. or something.  i love what he does but me being me, an ex workaholic. i worry for him...because when i took my vacation which was three weeks about six years ago. i freaked out. i was anxious all do with out things to keep my hands busy...so i quit my job and went back to school best decision i ever made but i don't want Jim to quit on us or anything.  ten bucks says i'm just projecting and worrying but you never know....i also can't wait for RED ROCKS AND SEATTLE!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

justbcuzido

Quote from: ffghtrs on May 11, 2015, 06:41 PM
I'm not complaining about the fact that he never seems to stop producing bad ass kick ass rocking music every year but maybe he needs a hug. or something.  i love what he does but me being me, an ex workaholic. i worry for him...because when i took my vacation which was three weeks about six years ago. i freaked out. i was anxious all do with out things to keep my hands busy...so i quit my job and went back to school best decision i ever made but i don't want Jim to quit on us or anything.  ten bucks says i'm just projecting and worrying but you never know....i also can't wait for RED ROCKS AND SEATTLE!

Yeah but were you doing what you love? More than that, were you doing what you felt you had to do, to conjour and make sense of everything pouring out you and capture it. I think Jim is on a creative peak/high these days and its awesome to see him doing so much. I don't see that stopping any time soon.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

ffghtrs

I like your point and i like you mind and i like everything about that post.  thank you i feel better.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Lonndown27

seriously the music has to come out of him, he says. i think i could see him stopping for a year tops, but thats not gonna happen anytime soon, back fucked up or not  :bath:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

justbcuzido

Quote from: ffghtrs on May 12, 2015, 12:15 PM
I like your point and i like you mind and i like everything about that post.  thank you i feel better.

Glad I could help! Yeah I really do feel there are certain types of creatives that just can't help themselves and have to create and are creating even when they're not trying to. Jim seems like one of those special people! Excited for what's to come!
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.