Waterfall Project Fundraiser in Chicago

Started by Crispy, May 21, 2015, 01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Via ALady:

Please join us at Monk's Pub Chicago for a fundraiser for My Morning Jacket's new philanthropic endeavor, the Waterfall Project:

http://mymorningjacket.com/waterfallproject

There will be a silent auction of items donated by the band, and of course, lots of pre-show merriment with fellow fans!

Jun 10 at 4:00pm
Monk's Pub Chicago
205 W Lake St.

See you there!

More info and stuff on Facebook, if you like that sort of thing.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

buymycar

Taterbug

Should be a blast,  Great  peeps and cool band swag for the auction. All  for a great cause. I'll be there for sure. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

johnnYYac

I'm there, too.  Thanks to Tater and ALady for setting this up!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

Nice job guys!   Wish I could be there.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

We wish you could too!

Thanks for posting, Crispy! Should be a great time...can't wait to see what the band is donating for the auction!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Fully

I just want to know who is taking my phone bids?  And pretending to laugh at my horrible jokes?

YimYodd

I'm in! Great to see that the band is stepping up their philanthropic efforts!  :beer:
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

MMJ612

Thanks for organizing this! It looks like Monks is a short walk to the Chicago Theater. It's gonna be a blast!  Do people know what time the auction ends?

ALady

Quote from: Fully on May 22, 2015, 07:38 AM
I just want to know who is taking my phone bids?  And pretending to laugh at my horrible jokes?

I really think this could be a possibility...will keep you posted!

Quote from: MMJ612 on May 22, 2015, 11:05 AM
Thanks for organizing this! It looks like Monks is a short walk to the Chicago Theater. It's gonna be a blast!  Do people know what time the auction ends?

Hi MMJ612! We've got the bar booked until 8, but will probably close out the auction around 7 so that people will have plenty of time to get to the show. I walked it yesterday - it's about 6 minutes to the theater!

MMJ612

Quote from: ALady on May 22, 2015, 11:52 AM
Quote from: Fully on May 22, 2015, 07:38 AM

I really think this could be a possibility...will keep you posted!

Quote from: MMJ612 on May 22, 2015, 11:05 AM

Hi MMJ612! We've got the bar booked until 8, but will probably close out the auction around 7 so that people will have plenty of time to get to the show. I walked it yesterday - it's about 6 minutes to the theater!

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to spending some time with MMJ family.

ALady

UPDATE!

We've just learned that the silent auction items will include an event poster and a copy of The Waterfall on vinyl, both autographed by the band! Much more to come...

:thumbsup:

sue smith

So excited for this pre-concert event, thanks to all who set this up!

ALady

Thank you all for coming out last night and being so generous! We raised nearly $1700 for the Waterfall Project! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

:beer: