Vanity Fair Cameron Crowe Music Interview

Started by buymycar, Jun 01, 2015, 08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buymycar

weeniebeenie

I loved the article. It's really cool to find out that I Will Be There When You Die was the initial inspiration for Elizabethtown. I hope he finally finds a way to get the song into a movie.
How loud can silence get?

APR

Great info in that article.  Thanks for posting.  Almost Famous is one of my all time favorite movies. I heard Cameron Crowe is a really nice guy.... the opposite of uncool.

ellisintransit

When they did one of the Elizabethtown previews in Nashville Cameron and Nancy Wilson came to Grimey's for a meet and greet, and I asked him about the MMJ connections and he pretty much gushed over them then as well.  Would have loved to see IWBHWYD on that amazing soundtrack.

buymycar

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Jun 02, 2015, 08:25 AM
I loved the article. It's really cool to find out that I Will Be There When You Die was the initial inspiration for Elizabethtown. I hope he finally finds a way to get the song into a movie.

Yeah, I didn't know if that was common knowledge or not. But now it makes so much sense.

toretm

Just know that living in Elizabethtown is nothing like Elizabethtown  :huh:

Mr. White

Quote from: toretm on Jun 02, 2015, 02:27 PM

They are going to show Elizabethtown this weekend for it's 10th anniversary at The State Theatre in downtown Elizabethtown. They will show it this Friday, June 5th and twice on Saturday. I am thinking about going, but their sound system is terrible. I went there to see 2001: A Space Odyssey and Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory a few years ago, and you had to work really hard to make out some of the dialogue. Pretty disappointing, since they had recently "refurbished" the place just so they could show old movies (and have a live performance here and there).

http://historicstatetheater.org/Calendar.asp
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Murph

I love the article and love hearing how much MMJ influenced him... but that movie stinks.

justbcuzido

Quote from: Murph on Jun 02, 2015, 03:58 PM
I love the article and love hearing how much MMJ influenced him... but that movie stinks.

I think what really brought the movie down was its choice in lead actors. Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst have no chemistry or great acting chops (especially Bloom).
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Mr. White

Quote from: justbcuzido on Jun 02, 2015, 06:36 PM

I think what really brought the movie down was its choice in lead actors. Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst have no chemistry or great acting chops (especially Bloom).

He's not bad...if you stick some colored contacts in his eyes, slap on a long, white wig, and hand him a bow with an endless supply of arrows!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Murph

Fun Fact: the first MMJ show I ever went to was Radio City and Kirsten Dunst was waiting in line to get in with the rest of us, rocking her MMJ shirt and all. 

rincon2

Quote from: toretm on Jun 02, 2015, 02:27 PM
Skankiest, most drug/prostitute infested motel I have ever stayed in, and I been to motels all over the US, was in Elizabethtown.

Fully

Quote from: justbcuzido on Jun 02, 2015, 06:36 PM

It also lost quite a bit in the editing and writing parts. Trying to make the death of a parent funny just is not believable.

dub82

Would love to hear same in any language live.