Carl's previous bands...

Started by johnconaway, Jun 25, 2004, 12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanut butter puddin surprise

Has anyone heard music from Carl's previous bands?  Just wondering.  

Met him in Milwaukee, what a great guy.  Totally a good man for the job...and I'm digging the Les Pauls.

Has anyone noticed he has the right voice for backing Jim?  Or is it just me?
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

havibulin

pretty versatile player. and yes, his voice compliments jim's nicely.

bigger_rooty

He was in a group called Joe Firstman.  I saw them open for Willie Nelson.  They were sorta a poppier alt.country type thing.
from this town, we'd escape
if we holler loud and make our way
we'd all live one big holiday.

Ian_Alan

Yes John, I agree with you, I thiink Carl is definetly an asset for the band. As far as as how he plays it's like he's been there for the whole ride. The harmonizing done with Jim sounds great, he keeps it real low key. I wasn't aware Carl is rockin Les Paul guitars, but what better then from the man that gave us  plug in guitars. I've got no complaint with Bo either, I've got a couple of their first Jacket shows and even those sound pretty damn good.

rent-a-rocker

Oh yes...

I remember one from my B-town days...  'Old Pike.'  Their album Ten Thousand Nights has a great song called "the rest of you" on it.  You MMJ fans would dig it.  

And, while Im here, whassup Carl?  Havent seen you since the IUSOM practice building...handrolled cigarettes...one hitters w/jazz cats (Adam Davis et al...)  
But thats goin back o probably 7-8 yrs no doubt...  Im sure Bitetti (oh no!) would be proud that so many of his players ended up in rock bands!  

-rent-a-rocker

dogandponyshow