nye 2006/2007...whatever happened to the aud?

Started by loonylobo, Dec 16, 2007, 11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loonylobo

:-?...So...we were told the NYE Fillmore was recorded...it would take some time and all...but it hasn't shown up to my knowledge...Anyone know what's up? That show was too good to only have the incomplete webcast version (though it is great !!!)  What's the deal? Help!!!

Kory

I was in talks with the dude that taped it for months (well, at least til march or so) and then he just quit responding. I had his email and all... I guess he just decided not to share it. He kept telling me he'd get it done the next weekend and it never happened...

The new picture LP that came out completes the show if that's what yer lookin for...
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

Jellyfish

I guess you are talking bout the official releases but audio from all 3 nights were circulated....the 1st 2 were audience recordings and the NYE night was from FM.They all sound pretty good.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

aMD

QuoteI guess you are talking bout the official releases but audio from all 3 nights were circulated....the 1st 2 were audience recordings and the NYE night was from FM.They all sound pretty good.

Wasn't night 3 missing the last song though?  Do we have it now?  That's just how I remember it, I guess.  But that was like a year ago.  

getinthevan

As far as I know, the last song is still missing.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Jellyfish

You both are right,here's the notes I saved from the show:
QuoteThe Fillmore, San Francisco, CA
SET I
"Two Tone T-Bone" intro
1. One Big Holiday
2. What A Wonderful Man
3. The Way That He Sings
4. Gideon
5. Off the Record
6. It Beats 4 U
7. Lowdown
8. Lay Low
9. The Dark
10. Golden
11. Dondante
12. Run Thru
13. They Ran
SET II
14. New Year Countdown/Celebration (Kool and the Gang cover)
15. All Night Long (Lionel Richie cover)
16. Careless Whisper (George Michael cover)
17. I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man (Prince cover)
18. Cobra
19. Phone Went West
20. Honest Man
21. The Bear
22. Steam Engine
23. Wordless Chorus
24. Easy Morning Rebel
25. Dancefloors
26. Highway To Hell (AC/DC cover)
27. Anytime
28. Mahgeetah(note:fm did not broadcast this song so it is missing from my source)

loonylobo

QuoteI guess you are talking bout the official releases but audio from all 3 nights were circulated....the 1st 2 were audience recordings and the NYE night was from FM.They all sound pretty good.

yeah...the 3rd night aud is missing...webcast was great, but incomplete...

aMD

QuoteYou both are right,here's the notes I saved from the show:
QuoteThe Fillmore, San Francisco, CA
SET I
"Two Tone T-Bone" intro
1. One Big Holiday
2. What A Wonderful Man
3. The Way That He Sings
4. Gideon
5. Off the Record
6. It Beats 4 U
7. Lowdown
8. Lay Low
9. The Dark
10. Golden
11. Dondante
12. Run Thru
13. They Ran
SET II
14. New Year Countdown/Celebration (Kool and the Gang cover)
15. All Night Long (Lionel Richie cover)
16. Careless Whisper (George Michael cover)
17. I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man (Prince cover)
18. Cobra
19. Phone Went West
20. Honest Man
21. The Bear
22. Steam Engine
23. Wordless Chorus
24. Easy Morning Rebel
25. Dancefloors
26. Highway To Hell (AC/DC cover)
27. Anytime
28. Mahgeetah(note:fm did not broadcast this song so it is missing from my source)

So where's the skit that appears on the picture disc? it's not on this setlist, is it from another night?

Jellyfish

So where's the skit that appears on the picture disc? it's not on this setlist, is it from another night?

Yeah I am still somewhat miffed as to what that picture disc actually is(and why I would want it)...since I wasn't at the shows I have no idea.

aMD

None of the setlists on this site mention the skit either. i can't help but wonder what the story with that is?  Are more songs missing?  What night is it from?  Will Magheeta from night 3 ever see the light of day? Not THAT big of a deal, but us archivists/completists take this shit seriously.  

on a side note, the skit and subsequent silliness IS highly forgettable, even if it is etched into vinyl.  Maybe you had to be there, but since no one mentioned it after the show and since it was an audio only release I guess that's not the case.  :-/

Jellyfish

I wonder if it is that Redneck skit? I guess I need to go back and listen because I remember somefin about Jim talkin with a real redneck accent.I guess that is what you mean by silly and yes it was but funny when you are basking in the basil. ;)

loonylobo

QuoteNone of the setlists on this site mention the skit either. i can't help but wonder what the story with that is?  Are more songs missing?  What night is it from?  Will Magheeta from night 3 ever see the light of day? Not THAT big of a deal, but us archivists/completists take this shit seriously.  

on a side note, the skit and subsequent silliness IS highly forgettable, even if it is etched into vinyl.  Maybe you had to be there, but since no one mentioned it after the show and since it was an audio only release I guess that's not the case.  :-/

I was there..skit was on NYE...(both opening and closing the show)...in fact most of the crowd hung out to rock out to stairway to heaven which was being played as the band left stage right up some stairs to heaven (after Tommy blasted them with the faux shotgun)...We knew it was heaven, cuz they had a silly little sign saying "heaven"...does the picture disc have the none-webcast songs and the skit?  if so, it might give me the incentive to fix my turntable, otherwise, looks like a need collectible that  i don't have the $ for....it would look good next to that Ozzy picture disc I bought in 1984 with my allowance, however!

loonylobo

QuoteNone of the setlists on this site mention the skit either. i can't help but wonder what the story with that is?  Are more songs missing?  What night is it from?  Will Magheeta from night 3 ever see the light of day? Not THAT big of a deal, but us archivists/completists take this shit seriously.  

I was there..skit was on NYE...(both opening and closing the show)...in fact most of the crowd hung out to rock out to stairway to heaven which was being played as the band left stage right up some stairs to heaven (after Tommy blasted them with the faux shotgun)...We knew it was heaven, cuz they had a silly little sign saying "heaven"...does the picture disc have the none-webcast songs and the skit?  if so, it might give me the incentive to fix my turntable, otherwise, looks like a need collectible that  i don't have the $ for....it would look good next to that Ozzy picture disc I bought in 1984 with my allowance, however!

Oh yeah, the skit was fun, but silly...the highpoint for me was that they were doing it behind the big curtain with snow falling in the aud and when they plugged in and hit the first chords the curtain dropped and the show was on with a bang...one of the best moments in 30 years of shows for me...

the_wizzard

The SNOW!!!!   I nearly forgot about the SNOW!!!!

That was so fucking beautiful!  Hats off to the boys, I wish we were going to be sending in the New Year at the Fillmore again this year.  But, it is so very good for them to be with their families and friends.

But that snow was just....perfect.