Forecastle 2015 Poster Treasure Map

Started by Jim James Paul and Tyrone, Jul 21, 2015, 11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim James Paul and Tyrone

Hey Everyone-

So after purchasing the Forecastle Poster 2015 from MadPixel, I noticed that the treasure map features several hints at their official releases. Most obvious is the Tennessee state literally on fire which is what made me curious. The waterfall towards the bottom of the island, and the Z river at the top are pretty obvious as well. I believe that the Bear towards the left is a representation of "It Still Moves" cover, The eye patch whirlpool is "Circuital" and the Sunrise towards the middle is "At Dawn".

My questions is where is the representation of "Evil Urges" and what is the symbolism? Also are there other little bread crumbs in the rest of the poster that I missed?

Forecastle was yet again one of the most incredible experiences. and also a solid poster to take home.
:cool:

kholl44

I talked to the guy who made it; he admitted it was a bit of a stretch but the snakes in the grass near the palm trees are there for Evil Urges... It's an awesome poster!
I'm in love with this soul; it's a meaning that I understand

TheRoof

You Are Everything

TheRoof

Quote from: Jim James Paul and Tyrone on Jul 21, 2015, 11:07 AMMy questions is where is the representation of "Evil Urges" and what is the symbolism? Also are there other little bread crumbs in the rest of the poster that I missed?

Maybe the  Snakes represent "Evil Urges" (Evil - in biblical records)....or possibly the Volcano?

...also, state of Kentucky, to the right of "The Bear"

The "Cave" might represent a tomb (Jesus was crucified, then resurrected 3 days later, walking out) "It Still Moves" ......mehbi?   - snakes could also represent "Cobra".

You Are Everything

Mr. White

Was the poster really a limited printing of only 232 in total? I got one at about 3:30 that day, and it is something like 83 (can't look at it right now because I'm at the hospital again for my mother's surgery)? That seems like a really low number for a festival...
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

TheRoof

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 21, 2015, 11:52 AM
Was the poster really a limited printing of only 232 in total? I got one at about 3:30 that day, and it is something like 83 (can't look at it right now because I'm at the hospital again for my mother's surgery)? That seems like a really low number for a festival...

Yep, 232 (it says).
You Are Everything

ericm

Quote from: TheRoof on Jul 21, 2015, 11:48 AM
Quote from: Jim James Paul and Tyrone on Jul 21, 2015, 11:07 AMMy questions is where is the representation of "Evil Urges" and what is the symbolism? Also are there other little bread crumbs in the rest of the poster that I missed?

Maybe the  Snakes represent "Evil Urges" (Evil - in biblical records)....or possibly the Volcano?

...also, state of Kentucky, to the right of "The Bear"

The "Cave" might represent a tomb (Jesus was crucified, then resurrected 3 days later, walking out) "It Still Moves" ......mehbi?   - snakes could also represent "Cobra".

Could be. The snake was featured in the T5 EU poster. I'm thinking it probably is the EU tie in here too.
"Where's Jim going?"

Jim James Paul and Tyrone

Thanks everyone for your replies and research! I definitely think we are on to something with the snakes representing Evil. The Tennessee Fire and Z were so obvious, and this is definitely a stretch but I think the Terminal 5 poster for Evil Urges is spot on.

and the Cave definitely looks biblical but still can't put a thumb on the connection with it or the Volcano. I guess they could just be random to throw us off the trail. idk

I'm a Louisville Native and Jacketeer for life. This was my first post in the Forum. I really appreciate the discussions!

slappymoe

anybody else notice at the very bottom:

"poster designed and handprinted my madpixelartanddesign.com"

does a typo make the poster more or less valuable? :wink: