Paradiso, Amsterdam, December 13, 2000 on Dime

Started by Magnix, Feb 04, 2008, 04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnix

As mentioned yesterday in the MMMJLRA thread, the Jim James solo performance at the Amsterdam Paradiso on December 13, 2000 has surfaced after all these years!!! It can be downloaded from Dime: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=182334

For those not on Dime, rest assured, I will put it up at the Live Music Archive later this week.

edit: At the request of the taper, I will wait uploading it to the LMA for approx. two weeks.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

BH

FYI the mystery songs on this are R.I.P.V.G. and .......drum role please.....

Gillian Welch's   MY MORPHINE!!!!!!

Time for a Covers Comp update Dylan!!!!!

Brian, you did notice that Ger put up the Knoxville solo show with Chills, Isabella, and Knoxville to KY didn't you?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

QuoteFYI the mystery songs on this are R.I.P.V.G. and .......drum role please.....

Gillian Welch's   MY MORPHINE!!!!!!

Time for a Covers Comp update Dylan!!!!!

Brian, you did notice that Ger put up the Knoxville solo show with Chills, Isabella, and Knoxville to KY didn't you?

yeah,  I've heard it before, me and Ger go way back.  :)  Thanks Ger!
There's Still Time.........

aMD

Thanks a million, Ger!!!

Good work bringing this one to the surface.  It gives me hope that more of these old shows will pop up in the future.  This one is definietly a gem!

I'm having trouble decoding the files but I can just wait two more weeks if I have to.  A new cover!  Beautiful!!!

BH

I listened on the way home, and wow.  This is the first ever recording (that I know of) that includes a solo version of The Dark (Spectacular) and I Will Sing You Songs.

It Makes No Difference solo is also a great new additon.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

joey_rogo

i cant wait to hear this, im gonna have to wait for the LMA tho..

Magnix

I think you all understand how thrilled I was finding out that a recording was available. I mean more than 7 years ago and I was there!!!

BH

I hate to go on and on about this, but there are so many good things about this show. If you like Jim Solo shows, this is a must.  It's the longest solo show I have ever seen.  And, the following songs are (as far as I can tell) all available for the very first time.  (As Jim solo performances that is.)

The Dark
RIPVG
I Will Sing You Songs
Evelyn Is Not Real
By My Car
It Makes No Difference- The Band
My Morphine - Gillian Welch

Sound is excellent and there is front and back artwork that fits a normal jewel case.

BH

QuoteI think you all understand how thrilled I was finding out that a recording was available. I mean more than 7 years ago and I was there!!!

Hey Ger, do yo remember what it was that Jim was throwing out to the audience as "christmas presents"?

Magnix

QuoteI think you all understand how thrilled I was finding out that a recording was available. I mean more than 7 years ago and I was there!!!

Hey Ger, do yo remember what it was that Jim was throwing out to the audience as "christmas presents"?
Oops, no I don't. I haven't had a chance to have a good look at what was thrown and it was wrapped ... Maybe Riny remembers? We met there ...

CC

Oops, no I don't. I haven't had a chance to have a good look at what was thrown and it was wrapped ... Maybe Riny remembers? We met there ...

different kinds of xmas decoration goodies  :)

BH

It sounded like a pretty big audience at times.  Or maybe they were just very enthusiastic!   How many does that place hold about?   It was definately one of the most respectful crowds I have ever heard.  Totally quiet during the performance.  Similar to what I imagine the Rud show was like.  Or Jim and Carls show at the Performing Arts Center.  I love that perfect silence.

Magnix

QuoteIt sounded like a pretty big audience at times.  Or maybe they were just very enthusiastic!   How many does that place hold about?   It was definately one of the most respectful crowds I have ever heard.  Totally quiet during the performance.  Similar to what I imagine the Rud show was like.  Or Jim and Carls show at the Performing Arts Center.  I love that perfect silence.
Well, standing the main hall of the Paradiso holds somewhere around 1200 people if I'm not mistaken. This particular night they placed chairs in the hall, and there were only a couple of hundreds people there I think. The crowd was indeed pretty respectful and very enthusiastic. I think placing chairs contributes in the crowd being silent and respectful, there's less walking around, like gettin' a new beer, going out for a piss, when there are seats, people intend to more wait for that between songs.

joey_rogo

Sorry to bump this back up, but I noticed it's not up on the Archive and there are no seeders over at Dime. Anyone wanna help me out??

theonlyone

BH

Quotesorry, but what does RIPVG refer to?

Do you mean what song is it?  Or what to the initials stand for?

The song is from the Heartbreakin' Man CD and I am guessing that the rabbits ate all of Jim's carrots, so.... Rest In Peace Vegetable Garden.

Mr. T.

QuoteSorry to bump this back up, but I noticed it's not up on the Archive and there are no seeders over at Dime. Anyone wanna help me out??

Ditto.

I have missed this earlier on, so could a kind soul help us out with this one?

thanks,
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times