Roll Call Boston - 11/20 & 11/21 Orpheum Theater

Started by CountSA, Jul 13, 2015, 09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolof7

Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Nov 23, 2015, 09:37 AM
Fortunately, some of us got to meet Jim on Saturday night, so that led to the night ending on a high.

Damn are you kidding!?! I'm gonna pretend that's a lie. Oh well, parenthood strikes again.

Despite night 2's setlist, the band was amazing. Remnants was freaking EPIC (I'd forgotten). aeiou, master plan, steam and dancefloors were great. Even Circuital and im amazed 2 tracks I always swear I could never hear again were fun to watch (solely due to Carl Broemel shredding the solos).

Also this was my first shows hearing Waterfall tracks and thought they slayed them
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

ChrisS

I thought sound could have been better on both nights. Night 1 I was under the overhang to the balcony and it was reverb-y; Night 2 I was 7th row and it was def better but still not nearly as good as it should have been. I'm not an acoustical engineer, but I think the way in which the PAs are aligned is the problem, they are not designed for that space, although they seem to be high quality.

Anyway, impressions are funny. I though Night 2 was better by a good bit, but it was a different show. Carl was on fire the second night. Jim is not nearly as active as he was during the NYE show a few years ago, for example.

GO4IT

Dills, your videos are simply amazing.  Thanks so much for making the effort to take these and post.  What rig were you using?  You were very close to us the second night, perhaps with external mics on your cellphone?

Mr. White

Quote from: GO4IT on Nov 23, 2015, 10:08 PM
Dills, your videos are simply amazing.  Thanks so much for making the effort to take these and post.  What rig were you using?  You were very close to us the second night, perhaps with external mics on your cellphone?

Always top quality!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Dillsnufus

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Nov 15, 2015, 12:43 PM
Ready. Just ordered this :cool:

Zoom iq7

Thanks guys ! I enjoy being able to relive these moments.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

CountSA

mattyice

1st show saturday night

1st post on these boards

Agreed on the videos posted- big thank you

Can't wait for tonight

GO4IT

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Nov 24, 2015, 02:09 AM
Quote from: Dillsnufus on Nov 15, 2015, 12:43 PM
Ready. Just ordered this :cool:

Zoom iq7

Thanks guys ! I enjoy being able to relive these moments.
Yeah, I saw you holding that rig a lot on Sat night.  Just to the left of us on the other side of the aisle and a couple of rows forward, maybe in row MM?

I'm not an Apple fan, but they have always had the lead in photos and movies over Androids. I've got a Samsung S5 and it can't hold a candle to your i-phone.

mahg33ta

I walked by you on night two as I was walking down the aisle.  I was tempted to lean over and photobomb your video but thought the better of it. 

Dillsnufus

Quote from: mahg33ta on Nov 24, 2015, 07:41 PM
I walked by you on night two as I was walking down the aisle.  I was tempted to lean over and photobomb your video but thought the better of it. 

Thank u

Gazziza My Dillsnufus