ATO's Lack of Promotion for The Waterfall

Started by buymycar, Nov 21, 2015, 03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buymycar

I get emails from ATO every once in awhile. Around the time that The Waterfall came out, I was perplexed by the lack of promotion from ATO. I realize that the album was put out by Capitol, but the album clearly states that it was by special arrangement with ATO. I just received another email from ATO with a link to the Alabama Shakes' video from their Colbert appearance. Nothing about the upcoming appearance of MMJ on Colbert. It once again reminded me that there has been no promotion by ATO for The Waterfall. Is ATO upset with MMJ for signing with Capitol? One would think that by promoting this album, even if it's on Capitol, people might be interested in checking out their other ATO albums.

buymycar

Just got another ATO email congratulating Alabama Shakes and Brandi Carlile for their Grammy nominations. No mention of the nomination for The Waterfall. There is a link to buy "ATO classic albums" with a picture of Z. I'm beginning to think that the band's association with ATO is now over.

johnnYYac

Quote from: buymycar on Dec 21, 2015, 06:27 PM
Just got another ATO email congratulating Alabama Shakes and Brandi Carlile for their Grammy nominations. No mention of the nomination for The Waterfall. There is a link to buy "ATO classic albums" with a picture of Z. I'm beginning to think that the band's association with ATO is now over.
I saw that; thought the same thing. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

RastaRunner5

I did see Dave Matthews at the Beacon Wednesday  night.. he is a part owner of ATO

millerjustin

guys - remember the Capitol Records deal.....ATO is mostly removed from promotion side for Waterfall (I think?) - not sure how many albums or term of the deal.

Didn't see Dave Matthews at the Beacon, but did talk with Danny Clinch and sat in front of David Fricke - also talked with Chris Mintz Plasse and heard that Trey was there too
What's in here won't disappear