Main Menu

Bruce Tour

Started by ericm, Dec 04, 2015, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: oistheone on Dec 11, 2015, 06:42 PM
WOO! Scored some GA tickets for the show in Toronto. Can't wait! February can't come soon enough. (Never thought I'd say that.)

I guess we won't hear about the exact pit policy until closer to the shows?

Nice job o.  :thumbsup:

I'd imagine the pit/lottery policy will be the same as it's been for years but yes, it'll be announced when we get closer to the shows. If I see an official announcement, I'll post it.

The only thing that sometimes varied from show to show were the wristband times and drawing time. They were usually the same time for every show but there was always a couple that differed by an hour. I think that had to do with show start time though. If there was an earlier start due to curfew or something they'd adjust the lottery time.
"Where's Jim going?"

slappymoe

alas, no bruce for me. :cry:

couldn't pull anything but upper level seats, and as much as i love our yum! center, i'd rather not attend any event there if it means sitting in the nosebleeds. it's like you're in a different time zone up there.

oh well, that's $300 saved that i can put toward OBH 2017. :beer:

ericm

Quote from: slappymoe on Dec 12, 2015, 10:38 AM
alas, no bruce for me. :cry:

couldn't pull anything but upper level seats, and as much as i love our yum! center, i'd rather not attend any event there if it means sitting in the nosebleeds. it's like you're in a different time zone up there.

oh well, that's $300 saved that i can put toward OBH 2017. :beer:

Keep an eye on Ticketmaster in the days leading up to the show. On past tours Bruce has always held back some prime lowers and some ga's to try and keep them from scalpers. They would be released anywhere from a week before to the actual day of show. It was not unheard of to show up at the box office day of and get a great ticket. I've done it, and know plenty of others who have as well.

Some of the best seats I've ever gotten to Bruce shows were picked up in a "drop" the day before. In fact, I've sat right behind Bruce's mom and aunt several times over the years in NJ, NY or Philly.   :thumbsup:

Tickets for this tour were a tough get, and no idea if he'll be releasing tix in a drop as in the past but it's worth it to keep an eye out if you want to go. In fact, if I don't score a ticket I like at the on sale, I wait and go the drop route every time.
"Where's Jim going?"

slappymoe

yeah, i have the event page saved to my favorites and plan on checking in daily. there's always hope. :thumbsup:

ericm

Looks like one more show will be added. Vegas baby!! HBO to air it as well.

http://songmango.com/bruce-to-add-vegas-show-to-river-tour-and-hbo-will-air-it/
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Santa with Macca from SNL last night.  :cool:  :thumbsup: 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bO7Ys4PGcq0
"Where's Jim going?"

parkervb

Quote from: ericm on Dec 16, 2015, 12:32 PM

that's sick! 4k capacity is pretty small for Bruce, no? I hope its broadcast live.
Don't you ever turn it off

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 21, 2015, 04:40 PM
Quote from: ericm on Dec 16, 2015, 12:32 PM

that's sick! 4k capacity is pretty small for Bruce, no? I hope its broadcast live.

Yes, it's definitely small for a Bruce and E St. Band show. Very small actually and one I'd love to make because of that.

Edit to say this show isn't official yet. It was up on .net but has since been taken down. No idea if that means it's off or was just posted prematurely.
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Tix arrived today! A nice surprise in my mail box to close out the year.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Vegas show is out but more US dates added.  :cool:

New 2016 The River Tour Dates:
March 19 — Los Angeles, CA — Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena (On Sale Jan. 29, 10 a.m.)
TBD — Portland, OR — Moda Center (On Sale TBD)
TBD — Seattle, WA — KeyArena at Seattle Center (On Sale TBD)
March 28 — New York, NY Madison Square Garden Arena (Jan. 24 Rescheduled)
March 31 — Denver, CO — Pepsi Center (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
April 3 — Oklahoma City, OK — Chesapeake Energy Arena (On Sale Jan. 30, 10 a.m.)
April 5 — Dallas, TX — American Airlines Center (On Sale Jan. 30, 10 a.m.)
April 7 — Kansas City, MO — Sprint Center (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
April 10 — Greensboro, NC — Greensboro Coliseum (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
TBD — Columbus, OH — Schottenstein Center (On Sale TBD)
April 14 — Auburn Hills, MI — The Palace of Auburn Hills (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
April 18 — University Park, PA — Bryce Jordan Arena (On Sale Feb. 6, 10 a.m.)
April 20 — Baltimore, MD — Royal Farms Arena (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
April 23 & 25 — Brooklyn, NY — Barclays Center (On Sale Jan. 29, 11 a.m.)
May 19 — Lisbon, Portugal — Rock in Rio Lisboa
"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

Anyone else joining me at MSG tonight for some Bruce juice?
was some shakin' and some record playin'

ericm

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 27, 2016, 03:56 PM

Anyone else joining me at MSG tonight for some Bruce juice?

I wish! Too funny cause I just texted you I won't be coming up. Have a GREAT show my friend and looking forward to hearing  all about it.  :beer:

NEW YORK CITYYYYYYY!!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

oistheone

Buncha nice seats for the Toronto show just dropped this morning. Can't wait for tomorrow -- my Bruce debut!

ericm

Quote from: oistheone on Feb 01, 2016, 10:21 AM
Buncha nice seats for the Toronto show just dropped this morning. Can't wait for tomorrow -- my Bruce debut!

How did you like the show?

I saw the post River setlist and you got a pretty sweet run of tunes there,IMO.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

oistheone

HOLY SHIT! I now see what the hype is all about! 3+ hours of straight pro showmanship! No lazers, no fireworks -- just great songs played with precision and passion. As someone who has never seen the Boss live, the setlist was perfect. Was PRAYING for "Candy's Room" or "Because The Night" and we got 'em both!! Man oh man I could listen to that Nils BTN solo all day.

I had the good fortune of being on the floor, and even though I didn't make it into the front pit area, it was a blessing in disguise. The back of the floor is where the party's at! I've never seen such joy in a crowd -- EVERYONE was dancing! Hard not to have a great time when you're surrounded by people smiling, singing along and fist-pumpin'. It's clear that the band feeds off that energy -- for guys who have been doing this for decades, it looked like they were having the time of their lives up there!

My only complaint -- now that I've tasted the live Bruce juice, I'm jonesin' for more. Gotta figure out a way to catch another show on this tour!

APR

Great photo oistheones.  Is that your camera from the back of the floor?!?!  I'm glad you liked it so much, and I really like your enthusiasm (in this post and all your others).  My buddy who has seen Bruce 80+ times went to the DC show the other night and was raving about how incredible the performance was and about how much he was blown away.

robb

Just pulled a floor ticket for my first Bruce show!
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

ericm

Quote from: robb on Feb 05, 2016, 10:07 AM
Just pulled a floor ticket for my first Bruce show!

:cool:   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

You're gonna have a blast! Enjoy.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

oistheone

Also just pulled floor seats for that Detroit show!! I'm two days removed from my first Bruce experience and I'm already jonesin'!!!! And now, the hard part -- getting time off work! Gotta ask... the Boss.

robb

Quote from: oistheone on Feb 05, 2016, 10:55 AM
Also just pulled floor seats for that Detroit show!! I'm two days removed from my first Bruce experience and I'm already jonesin'!!!! And now, the hard part -- getting time off work! Gotta ask... the Boss.

Hell yes! Hopefully I'll see you there, man!
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.