Any Festival Date Rumors?

Started by Jbpats, Jan 04, 2016, 10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcc0065

LBSUNFLWR

^^ thanks, I tried to post the picture but it was too big!

INSANE lineup and I don't even like Phish!!
The potential for collaborations is outrageous!

walterfredo

Jbpats

Hate Phish and Ween but that is tasty indeed
Lock'n is also known for major adds, id expect bands like Wilco and Gov't Mule to be added.
Wouldn't be surprised if Dead & co or WSP get added

walterfredo

Quote from: Jbpats on Feb 17, 2016, 11:46 AM

wha?  Jbpats= dead to me.

talk about my dream headliner lineup.  Wow!

Jbpats

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 17, 2016, 11:54 AM
Quote from: Jbpats on Feb 17, 2016, 11:46 AM

wha?  Jbpats= dead to me.

talk about my dream headliner lineup.  Wow!

Different strokes I suppose. Love the Jam Band scene but Phish never done it for me.

staurie28

Does anyone know what the pricing is like for that Lockn fest?  Their website is....not helping me.

Leadbass

Quote from: staurie28 on Feb 17, 2016, 12:34 PM
Does anyone know what the pricing is like for that Lockn fest?  Their website is....not helping me.
Ground floor is roughly $300, that's with basic camping. Shit gets very expensive from there. I haven't been, but have considered it every year. This might be the year.

jcc0065

its funny to me to see some hate for mmj on jambases announcement post on facebook. while i dont really care, these people cant accept that jam bands and rock bands (even though mmj does jam) cant go together.

im not doggin their opinions, im all about being positive, but just annoys me when people automatically write off bands and just shove their hate down peoples throats.

also, guess i gotta keep in mind, most people that do comment are gonna be saying negative things!

Stevie

Anyone been to this festival before? 

staurie28

Quote from: Leadbass on Feb 17, 2016, 12:40 PM
Quote from: staurie28 on Feb 17, 2016, 12:34 PM
Ground floor is roughly $300, that's with basic camping. Shit gets very expensive from there. I haven't been, but have considered it every year. This might be the year.

Thank you!!! I realized after my research that I have a trip the following weekend to the East Coast (I live in Chicago) so this is basically out of the question for me.  I am beyond sad about it.

parkervb

Quote from: Stevie on Feb 17, 2016, 01:36 PM

yea, me and Capt Scotty went in '14. It was one of the greatest weekends of my life. Whatcha want to know?
Don't you ever turn it off

ZLayLowZ

It's hard to glean from the lineup release alone, but is Jacket one night or two?

parkervb

Quote from: ZLayLowZ on Feb 17, 2016, 02:58 PM
It's hard to glean from the lineup release alone, but is Jacket one night or two?

the email from Lockn indicates its 1:

Dear LOCKN' friends,

We're excited to share the initial lineup for LOCKN' 2016 with you!

Please join us in welcoming: Phish, Ween, My Morning Jacket, Joe Russo's Almost Dead, Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires, Brandi Carlile, Gary Clark Jr., Galactic, Keller's Grateful Gospel, Keller's Grateful Grass, Lettuce, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Turkuaz, Twiddle, Umphrey's McGee, Vulfpeck and White Denim.

Phish will be making its first appearance at the festival with an unprecedented two-night, four-set headlining slot. To add to the once-in-a-lifetime experience, Ween, fresh off three sold-out reunion shows in Broomfield, CO, will perform right before Phish on one night. Another LOCKN' first timer, the beloved My Morning Jacket, will headline and Joe Russo's Almost Dead will perform two late-night sets.

e_wind

I would expect some serious additions. Past years have seemed to have like 10 headliners...

I went when Wilco was part of the line up. I can't do the 100 degree heat index festivals anymore, but it was fun. The crowd was also very ketamine and Molly lovin, patch pants wearin, glow stick wieldin smelly people. So I could do with out that.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

parkervb

Looks like Jacket will be Saturday. Which is a relief for me b/c that's degrees of magnitude easier for me to make happen.  Hopefully JRAD plays a late night set that night as well.

Dream Saturday Lineup:

Keller Grateful Grass>White Denim>Charles Bradley>Gary Clark Jr>CRB>Jacket>JRAD

Stevie

Quote from: parkervb on Feb 17, 2016, 02:57 PM

yea, me and Capt Scotty went in '14. It was one of the greatest weekends of my life. Whatcha want to know?

Just curious about what kind of people show up.  In my experience, jam fests can be great or they can be pretty trashy.  I don't mind the flat brimmed hat kids with the pins and stuff, or even the glow stick crowd, what i'm concerned about is stuff like the nitrous mafia or other organized thug crime groups running around selling hard and bad shit (see:  All Good Festival when it was in Thornville, OH).  Just wrecks the vibe when you see paramedics wheeling out kids on stretchers because they were fed something terrible or groups of guys being all tense and suspicious looking at all times.

parkervb

Quote from: Stevie on Feb 19, 2016, 12:33 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Feb 17, 2016, 02:57 PM

Just curious about what kind of people show up.  In my experience, jam fests can be great or they can be pretty trashy.  I don't mind the flat brimmed hat kids with the pins and stuff, or even the glow stick crowd, what i'm concerned about is stuff like the nitrous mafia or other organized thug crime groups running around selling hard and bad shit (see:  All Good Festival when it was in Thornville, OH).  Just wrecks the vibe when you see paramedics wheeling out kids on stretchers because they were fed something terrible or groups of guys being all tense and suspicious looking at all times.

When I went WSP, Phil, Petty and Allmans were headliners. When you sub out say Petty/Allmans for 2 nights of Phish, you're going to have a big difference in the crowd.

There was definitely a wookie contingent and I heard some people got some stuff stolen, but I didn't see any kids with the dope lean on or see/hear any fights or sirens.  They had a private security team on horseback that cruised the campsites. They were actually very courteous.

I would have no hesitation going back and hope to for Jacket's Saturday headlining set.

RastaRunner5

Quote from: parkervb on Feb 18, 2016, 10:49 AM
Looks like Jacket will be Saturday. Which is a relief for me b/c that's degrees of magnitude easier for me to make happen.  Hopefully JRAD plays a late night set that night as well.

Dream Saturday Lineup:

Keller Grateful Grass>White Denim>Charles Bradley>Gary Clark Jr>CRB>Jacket>JRAD

In for that!

beardedwonder

LOCK'N looks pretty sweet. Tho I'm not a huge Phish or Ween fan.

Imagine, if it were Dead & Co with Pearl Jam and MMJ. I would be there camping out right now. Just imagine that headline grouping! Could've been possible this summer at some location I suspect.

Digressing, this fest looks great. Formerly Austin Psych Fest.

http://levitation-austin.com

They have some cool posters for sale too: http://levitation-austin.com/product-category/posters/
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"