Ray LaMontagne's new album produced by Jim

Started by ewiser, Jan 21, 2016, 08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cameron

i really like it.  more than i've liked anything else from ray.

Murph

Ray was on WFUV tonight talking about the album and the process of making it.  So much praise for and talk about Jim throughout the whole interview...

They usually put these in an archive, seek it out if you can.. WFUV.org

Murph

He said for this tour he would open the show himself with an acoustic set.  They'd play the album front to back the come back out for "some other stuff".

What do you think the chances are of Ray singing some jacket songs??

GO4IT

Quote from: Murph on Mar 24, 2016, 08:19 PM
He said for this tour he would open the show himself with an acoustic set.  They'd play the album front to back the come back out for "some other stuff".

I would sort of doubt it.  Maybe a Carl song or covers or some of LaMontagne's older stuff.

That said, maybe Jim will show up at some of the shows (Newport, please!) and then all bets are off.

parkervb

Quote from: GO4IT on Mar 24, 2016, 09:30 PM
Quote from: Murph on Mar 24, 2016, 08:19 PM

I would sort of doubt it.  Maybe a Carl song or covers or some of LaMontagne's older stuff.

That said, maybe Jim will show up at some of the shows (Newport, please!) and then all bets are off.

agree, almost nil. and I bet the band wouldn't even want to, Ray's trying to do his thing and not impersonate Jim.
Don't you ever turn it off