Roll Call Wild Honey/Hopefully Vinyl

Started by jcc0065, Feb 03, 2016, 04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcc0065

Hey all! if anyone has the "other" roll call gift, (not down on the bottom version) id be willing to trade or buy it off of you!

The Hopefully was recorded during the 8/2015 Birmingham Show and that show means a lot to me and a significant other, as well as the song. I totally understand keeping it, cause I sure as hell would, but let me know if interested.

searchinbig

You and me both.  :thumbsup:

I did not purchase that Roll Call because I got the 18 month and was covered until June 2016. Why should I have purchased another? I don't get to many shows and the primary reason I get RC has been for the vinyl. Don't need any more posters or shirts either! Early entry is good if you go.

I certainly would have purchased that bonus RC had I known about the bonus 7".

I have the ability to convert any vinyl to digital also.  :wink:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

buymycar

Quote from: searchinbig on Feb 04, 2016, 12:23 PM

I did not purchase that Roll Call because I got the 18 month and was covered until June 2016. Why should I have purchased another? I don't get to many shows and the primary reason I get RC has been for the vinyl. Don't need any more posters or shirts either! Early entry is good if you go.

Yeah, I've emailed MMJHQ and sent them a message here asking if there's any way they can make this bonus vinyl available to members who have been in Roll Call since the beginning (like put it in the points store!), but it appears my communications have fallen on deaf ears.

amskinz

I'm curious as to all the Roll Call numbers.
- How many memberships have they sold each year
- How many year end 7" 's have been made each year
- How many of the bonus 7" 's were made this year
- Is there a pile of unused roll call merch (tees, posters, laminates, 7" 's) from previous years in a bunker somewhere?
I know they've said in the past that packages were no longer available. I don't know if that meant what they made was sold out, or they were just moving on to the next year.

I don't personally need anything, but I've always been one to question. I'm sure others are curious on these things as well.
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

walterfredo

I guess I just don't understand this.  I have been a roll call member continuously since it started.  Why am I not receiving this?

CountSA

I emailed "Wonderful" Union asking if there was any possible way to get one and they said no.  They truly suck.

CountSA

Also, it blows my mind how they give zero fucks about the fans/paying customers.  How about before pressing the bonus vinyls sending out an email to all other RC members that somehow aren't eligible for them, offering a copy for sale for $7-$10 or whatever.  This way they know exactly how many they need, don't piss off a large portion of exisiting members, and also make $$ for themselves  since they charge WAYYYY too much to ship everything.

jcc0065

Quote from: searchinbig on Feb 04, 2016, 12:23 PM

I was gonna mention the vinyl to digital thing also! I can also make cds.

Who wants to be the good samaritan and let one of us convert those songs to mp3s? [emoji13]

Crispy

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 04, 2016, 06:18 PM
I guess I just don't understand this.  I have been a roll call member continuously since it started.  Why am I not receiving this?

Same here, man. It looks like being prompt about renewing every time has bitten us in the ass.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

spence

I don't like to come on here to complain, but this is really disappointing.  I follow the band on twitter and I'm seeing retweets of customers with this bonus vinyl 7".  First I've even heard of it and I too have always signed up early to make sure I get the annual 7".  I'm a collector, I've got all their albums on vinyl, all the 7"'s too.  To not even know about the option is crap.  I don't blame the band, they don't deal with this I'm sure, but someone above should ask that they press some more for us to buy.  I'll pay for it, you don't have to give it to me, but come on, let's give all your loyal fans at least the option to buy one...

justbcuzido

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 05, 2016, 09:25 AM

Same here, man. It looks like being prompt about renewing every time has bitten us in the ass.

Ha, no kidding. What drove me nuts was last year I didn't renew because they told me I was good the 7" since my sub ended October 2015. I have an email of this. When I sent Wonderful Union a copy of this email, they told me that the person who told me this was just wrong and that I will not indeed be receiving one.... I asked if I could buy one and they said no there's no more that were made. Which at this point you think they'd have mentioned the special roll call.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Mr. White

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 05, 2016, 09:25 AM

Been an active member since it was first offered too. Thought I was getting a special deal when offered the 18 month Roll Call. Looks like that was a lure I shouldn't have bit on. Pretty weak, in my opinion.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

joey_rogo

I've given up on this. I don't understand what's going on anymore. Multiple tiers of RC?? Special bonus 7s for certain people?? This could be simple, but it's not. They shafted me out of the 1st annual one (despite having ALWAYS been a RC member) and now I don't get this one either. It was nice idea while it lasted but this is just too poorly executed. I'm gonna put my mmj vinyl collecting OCD aside and just let go.

ellisintransit

Roll Caller since Day One here.  What massively pisses me off is that I sent an email to the Wonderful Ground Control Union last year asking about the 7" for people who did the "bonus membership" and they said I wouldn't receive the 7".  I couldn't afford another membership at the time, but in September of last year I attempted to sign up for ANOTHER 2015 membership to make sure I got the poster, laminate , and record, AND IT WAS SOLD OUT. 

I sent them an email and got the typical answer I'm seeing here, which is there would be no extras pressed and I resigned myself to not getting the 7" for 2015.  Then when the emails started going out about the 7"s being shipped, I was included and I eventually received it, and I was pleased and figured they finally came to their senses.  Then I come on here and see there's ANOTHER FUCKING RECORD?  What the hell?  Please make this "bonus" 7" available to ALL Roll Call members, and get this bullshit fan club back on a normal schedule after the debacle that has been "bonus membership."

Additionally, has anyone posted a photo of this particular 7"?  I'd like to see the cover.  Does it say Annual Roll Call 7" 2015 like the others or what.  I'm obviously angered and confused as many other people here.  We've been over this a million times, but how is it that us hardcore fans keep finding ways to get screwed?

amskinz

I can't seem to figure out how to post a pic of it, especially from my phone. But the front cover of the bonus vinyl is the same graphic as the regular, except in a different color scheme.
It reads:  ROLL CALL
              BONUS 7-INCH
I have been a Roll Caller since day one as well. And, maybe out of fear, purchased the 18 month membership along with my annual. I am very glad I was able to receive the bonus 7", but I feel horrible for so many of you who deserve one as well.
I am absolutely with all of you in regards to the miscommunications from WU essentially from day one. You would think after the first couple years that the kinks would be worked out, but they seem to fumble almost everything. It's really a shame that what in my opinion is the most loyal fan base of this generation is being put through the ringer every step of the way. I know most of us just keep taking it on the cheek, which is really saying something too. But WU doesn't seem to be taking us seriously, or really attempting to improve the way they do business. I don't know what it would take to get things to run smooth. Clearly direct complaints, as well as on here, have done nothing. I'm sure the band and management are aware of at least some of these issues. Who needs to say something for it to stick to the wall?!
To add to everyone's issues, I'd like to add what I think should be the first change made...
Let's make the "annual" membership a basic idea. No matter what the band has planned for any year, make the membership valid from Jan 1 - Dec 31. You can buy any time during the year, but it's only good for that calendar year. Then open the computers in November or December to start taking orders for the next year. Is it that difficult? Just my thoughts, I guess.
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

ralph

Next years tshirt should have the slogan: Wonderful Union. Fucking over the fans since 2012.

And then the next 18 month membership can have a different coloured shirt that only 8 people get. Good times....
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

APR

This seems so simple yet WU keeps pissing people off in new and unexpected ways.  This should not be so confusing nor so aggravating.

justbcuz.... That's not cool.  Most businesses would honor the "incorrect" statement and make it right (not just bash their co-worker and say he didn't know what he was talking about).  They pulled the old Eddie Murphy ice cream bit:  "Wanna lick?  Psych!"

Ralph..... That was funny.  I'll be on the look out for that shirt.

mhkesling

I'm frustrated as well. The communication is horrible. I ended up signing up for the 2nd 2015 package, but I bought it in my wife's name. So now I have 2 copies of the same 7" instead of the bonus.

Every member should get the same thing no matter what. If they do sell a 2nd package with different poster, shirt, etc shouldn't it come with a different 7"?

itrainmonkeys

This is so ridiculous. I can't even keep track of the different levels of memberships. I've been screwed over a handful of times with Roll Call and now I'm finding out about a bonus 7" that I'm assuming I won't be getting since I didn't even know about it. I have signed up multiple times (sometimes doubling up to make sure I get the merch) and it's just insane how bad Wonderful Union is about all of this.

I really don't think things will ever change. They will not improve because being so shitty these past few years seems to still be working out fine for them. Just put up with a few complainers each year and then continue to screw fans over/make things more difficult and confusing for people.