Main Menu

White Denim

Started by Paulie_Walnuts, Apr 12, 2011, 10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Quote from: capt. scotty on Aug 08, 2013, 10:13 AM
Quote from: Paulie_Walnuts on Aug 08, 2013, 05:09 AM

White Denim - Corsicana Lemonade

Holy fuck is that riff ever nasty. This was not an album I was expecting in the near future, but now that I know its on the horizon, its certainly one of my most anticipated.
I remember spinning D for you before a Merriweather show when you were just a wee lad :beer:

I'm really diggin' that Corsicana Lemonade bit as well.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

e-stone

absolutely stoked for that white denim/tame impala show at the end of october now!

MarkW

Quote from: Paulie_Walnuts on Aug 08, 2013, 05:09 AM
Oh yesss!!! The new White Denim album has prompted me to come back to this forum. Can't wait for this....especially with some little snippets like these:

Hey, Walnuts - good to see you back.  I can't wait for this album to be released.  These guys are just ridiculously talented, and put on one hell of a show.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Ob1jacobe

Like the new song and can't wait for album.  Oct will be an awesome month for new music!

kotchishm

New album leaked.  It's solid.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

marino13

Saw them open for Tame Impala last night.  Have to say I was pretty disappointed.  Sound was terrible.  Biggest thing I like about the band is the guitar interplay and I could barely pick out the parts.  Was also pedal to the metal most of the show and not enough dynamics.  That I can understand because they were stuffed into a 45 min. time slot, but no excuse for the poor sound.  When Tame Impala came out it was like night and day.  Still really looking forward to the new album.

woodnymph

Oh my god they're more interesting than I was thinking they would be (somehow!)  Ok I'm on board now!  You know what it was?  It was Penny's comment that they sounded straight out of the 70's. I'll still need to listen to them when I'm not down with a bad headache (I can only tolerate softer sounds right now...)  But I dig theirs!  :bath:
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

BH

Quote from: marino13 on Oct 09, 2013, 09:53 AM
Saw them open for Tame Impala last night.  Have to say I was pretty disappointed.  Sound was terrible.  Biggest thing I like about the band is the guitar interplay and I could barely pick out the parts.  Was also pedal to the metal most of the show and not enough dynamics.  That I can understand because they were stuffed into a 45 min. time slot, but no excuse for the poor sound.  When Tame Impala came out it was like night and day.  Still really looking forward to the new album.

Did you see them in St. Louis?   I was actually very impressed and I thought they sounded good.   I've never seen them before though.    Tame Impala started out pretty dull but the second half of the show was great.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Hawkeye

Glad you're on board now Woody  :thumbsup:

I saw them at the Orange Peel last year.  Crowd was tiny...but they still killed it.  One of my current favorite bands, mostly because of their last album D...I'm not that familiar with their back catalog yet.
We could.

woodnymph

Thanks Hawk!!  Good to be here ag'in!  :smiley:   River to Consider grabbed me and shook me up!!!  Love all the multi-instrument-ness!   :cheesy:
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

marino13

Quote from: BH on Oct 12, 2013, 12:22 AM
Quote from: marino13 on Oct 09, 2013, 09:53 AM

Did you see them in St. Louis?   I was actually very impressed and I thought they sounded good.   I've never seen them before though.    Tame Impala started out pretty dull but the second half of the show was great.

Yes it was St. Louis.  Not sure if it was our spot or what, but the sound wasn't good at all.  However it was very clear for Tame Impala.  Not sure what was going on.  Both of my friends I was with thought the same thing, and one of them is a White Denim fan.

capt. scotty

Loving Corsicana Lemonade, dare I say that its better than D. Well the hooks are catchier, for sure.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

dmooney99

I heard of them but never heard any of their stuff until a  few days ago.   :embarrassed: Heard Pretty Green on the radio and dug it.  Decided to pick up Corsicana Lemonade after I heard it.  WOW!  awesome album!  This will be in my top 10 at the end of the year.  :thumbsup:

1/27: Denver, CO - Bluebird
1/28: Boulder, CO - Fox Theatre
1/30: Missoula, MT - Top Hat Lounge
1/31: Seattle, WA - Neumo's
2/1: Vancouver, BC - Biltmore Cabaret
2/2: Portland, OR - Doug Fir Lounge
2/5: San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore
2/7: Los Angeles, CA - The Troubadour
2/8: Los Angeles, CA - The Troubadour
2/9: San Diego, CA - The Casbah
2/10: Phoenix, AZ - Crescent Ballroom
2/19: New Orleans, LA - One Eyed Jacks
2/20: Birmingham, AL - The Bottletree
2/21: Asheville, NC - The Grey Eagle
2/22: Washington, DC - The Black Cat
2/25: Cambridge, MA - The Sinclair
2/26: Cambridge, MA - The Sinclair
2/27: Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer
2/28: New York, NY - Webster Hall
3/1: Burlington, VT - Higher Ground Lounge
3/3: Toronto, ON - Horseshoe Tavern
3/6: Chicago, IL - Metro
3/7: St. Louis, MO - Firebird
3/8: Nashville, TN - Mercy Lounge

MarkW

Really enjoying Corsicana Lemonade, but not sure I'd put it above D just yet.  Looking forward to seeing them a week on Tuesday in Manchester.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Fully

I saw them this weekend and  thought they were incredibly tight. This was my second time seeing them. I had previously heard their set at Bonnaroo in 2012 and was mightily impressed then as well. The guitar play this bunch pulls off is incredibly impressive, isn't it? I need to listen to their albums now.

dmooney99

new song

http://www.npr.org/2016/01/07/462179143/songs-we-love-white-denim-holda-you

and tour dates!
2/15# - Manchester, UK - The Deaf Institute
2/16# - London, UK - Islington Assembly Hall
3/23-27 - Boise, ID - Treefort Music Festival
3/24* - Denver, CO - Bluebird Theater
3/25* - Salt Lake City, UT - The State Room
3/27* - Portland, OR - Doug Fir Lounge
3/28* - Seattle, WA - Neumos
3/30* - San Francisco, CA - The Independent
4/1* - Los Angeles, CA - Teragram Ballroom
4/2* - Solana Beach, CA - Belly Up Tavern
4/4* - Phoenix, AZ - The Crescent Ballroom
4/17* - Nashville, TN - Exit/In
4/19* - Charlottesville, VA - The Southern
4/20* - Washington, DC - The Black Cat
4/21* - Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer
4/22* - Cambridge, MA - The Sinclair
4/23* - South Burlington, VT - Higher Ground Ballroom
4/25* - New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
4/28* - Columbus, OH - Skully's Music Diner
4/29* - Indianapolis, IN - The Hi-Fi
4/30* - Chicago, IL - Thalia Hall
5/1* - St. Paul, MN - Turf Club
5/3* - St. Louis, MO - Off Broadway
5/4* - Lawrence, KS - The Bottleneck
# pre-sale starts 1/13 at 10am local, on-sale 1/15 at 10am local.
*w/ Sam Cohen

Paulie_Walnuts

Sold out at the show in London and can't find tickets on any resale site....gutted!

I might have to go and try and pick one up from a tout.
Paulie W