Atlanta 2008-08-27 show on archive

Started by j5brock, Aug 29, 2008, 07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j5brock

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2008-08-27.mk4v.744t.flac16

a little thin.. the dpa4023 source should be better - but I have a drop-out patch issue to deal with and will not be able to get to it until this weekend.

Jeff

dhollensbe

Sounds delicious Jeff....thanks

Side note, a buddy of mine talked a friend into going to this show, he'd never heard the Jacket.  He got a voice mail late Wednesday night "Best Show EVER!!"
Dead on the beach,
Is where I wanna make my home......

getinthevan

Downloading right now!

I also added it to the 2008 tape list.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

MMJCOBRA

Thanks Jeff.  It was nice meeting you and your son at the show.  Hope your first live jacket experience was a good one.  See you next time.

Rob

DaFunkyPrecedent

"TAKE IT THE FUCK AWAY CARL!!!!!!!!!"
God damn those shaky knees.

getinthevan

Quote"TAKE IT THE FUCK AWAY CARL!!!!!!!!!"

One of my favorite moments on any recording from this tour, so far!
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

jdrueke

Is this show available anywhere in a more high res WAV format, or am I missing someting on the archive site?

ritchiem4812

QuoteIs this show available anywhere in a more high res WAV format, or am I missing someting on the archive site?

Just download the FLAC files from archive. Those are like having .wav files but you save a little bit more space on the ole hard drive.

jdrueke

QuoteIs this show available anywhere in a more high res WAV format, or am I missing someting on the archive site?

Just download the FLAC files from archive. Those are like having .wav files but you save a little bit more space on the ole hard drive.

Are there 2 different FLAC files?  I only see one download, but after you decode the FLAC files, it uncompresses to mp3 files versus WAV files.  I believe the name of the FLAC files even denotes that they are, in fact, mp3 files.  I know a saw a few different rigs at that show.  Any chance of seeing a non-lossy format on bt.etree.org?  I saw a sweet 16 bit fileset intended for audio CDs from the DC show.  I want one for Atlanta!   ;D ;D ;D

ritchiem4812

Are there 2 different FLAC files?  I only see one download, but after you decode the FLAC files, it uncompresses to mp3 files versus WAV files.  I believe the name of the FLAC files even denotes that they are, in fact, mp3 files.  I know a saw a few different rigs at that show.  Any chance of seeing a non-lossy format on bt.etree.org?  I saw a sweet 16 bit fileset intended for audio CDs from the DC show.  I want one for Atlanta!   ;D ;D ;D

Maybe you have your program set to decode to mp3? Mine decoded to wav just fine.

JPV

free lossless audio codec (FLAC)

Tony Two Tone

Pretty sure he's saying FUCK EM UP CARL!!!

Maybe I need to check

Love Dogg

Maybe I need to check

It's "Fuck 'em Up Carl!!!" :D
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Salacious D

Maybe I need to check

lol, where does this happen??
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

Don Dante

Maybe I need to check

At the end of Evelyn, right before the jam, where back in the day he would have said "Take It Away Johnny."
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

Salacious D

Maybe I need to check

At the end of Evelyn, right before the jam, where back in the day he would have said "Take It Away Johnny."
Sh*t. I just listened to it and didn't hear it. . .
: : : rewind : : :
Ah, found it. 1:40.
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode