Question here....

Started by utonynashm, Jan 07, 2005, 09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

utonynashm

Oz

Why the hell do you think so? I don't know and frankly, I don't think it's any of our bussiness, is it? Jim hardly ever reveals really personal stuff in interviews, and I don't think it's up to us to speculate...
I'm ready when you are

SMc55

I think it's natural to speculate, O. Jim doesn't give much away and that's fine. Other people don't mind discussing personal stuff. Utonyashm isn't to know which kind of person Jim is. Now he/she does I'm sure that'll be respected.

EC

Oh dith, you're very diplomatic.  Which is good, because my initial reaction was like O's.  

utonynashm, welcome to the board.  Your question, I think might get a negative review because it so personal.  Just so you know, you can modify your posts by going back to your post and clicking on "modify".  You might want to alter your question to just a general one about the band's history.  

Word up!  :)

utonynashm

I always find a million ways to pick the wrong thing to say...

I am very sorry and wrong to phrase it like that...Very sorry...I was having second thoughts about that as I posted it but just went ahead with it...

I, in all honesty meant NO harm or anything like that by my question...Bad call on my part...

I am brand new to the band and was very curious because it really touches me and makes me fairly sad--his lyrics--in a good way though...It just kinda hits real close to home...

Sorry I am off to a bad start here... :D

SMc55

No worries, mate. Welcome to the gang  :D

I can understand why you'd want to know stuff about the band. They do look at the board, though, and as you can see we can get rather protective. All is cool  8)

EC

No, man!  It's alll gooooood.  There's lots of interviews and stuff in the "press" section, and the bio is pretty good, too.  

WELCOME!

wordawg

QuoteSorry I am off to a bad start here... :D

Happens to me every day.

No big thing.  Keep coming back.

Word
the future is Ginger

EC

(greggy who is your new picture of?  I can't tell if it's Jerry Garcia, or maybe it's that guy you were talking about in another thread?)

wordawg

A certain Mr Garcia.

WORD! 8)
the future is Ginger

EC

MMJ_fanatic

ehm, I was beginning to wonder here, since the original post has become naught but an asterisk... ???
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

SMc55

Doesn't make much sense without it. Maybe Riny'll get rid of the whole thing.

Jellyfish

His question was if Jim's mother had died when he was young.I don't see what everyone got so offended about.These are questions that are asked about all musicians.

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

SMc55

QuoteHis question was if Jim's mother had died when he was young.I don't see what everyone got so offended about.These are questions that are asked about all musicians.

Word

CC

no

mystery solved ;)

guess what he really wanted to know
is the meaning of some lyrics.
right?

utonynashm

EC

Word

Yep, perhaps I overreacted.  I'm sorry.  

MMJ_fanatic

'kay thread solved...I think
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

The Boar

When Jim introduced Strangulation! at the St. Louis show in May he gave a story that he and his mother and his aunt had just visited the Arch and it had inspired him to write this song (which was Strangulation!). Now of course this story is at least partially a fib, but it is still very possible that he did visit the Arch with his mother and aunt that afternoon. Anyway, as Mr. Riny says, I think the mystery is solved.