MMJ being sued, Pitchfork article

Started by Emotion Detector, Jul 13, 2016, 04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emotion Detector

ditty

100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

parkervb

i don't think its worth discussing. We're all going to come at it from a singular angle without knowing any facts....oh wait...that's the current state of all discourse on the web. Carry on if you must.
Don't you ever turn it off

Leadbass

Quote from: parkervb on Jul 13, 2016, 04:30 PM
i don't think its worth discussing. We're all going to come at it from a singular angle without knowing any facts....oh wait...that's the current state of all discourse on the web. Carry on if you must.
Hahaha!! Truth^

justbcuzido

I'd probably sue too if I got hit by a celebrity   :rolleyes:

#TortReform
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Lonndown27

this is just...this is just awful   :cry:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

i would die if this somehow bankrupted the band...or fucked something up.....you know this was just an accident, there was nothing malicious, we know these guys. I feel horrible for the victim of the accident, but I hope Jim realizes we have his back fully in this hard, fucked up time.

:beer: Love ya Jim!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

rna2525

Fellas !!!  This is why we have car insurance.Unless for some odd reason Jim Didn't we are OK.Sounds like the victim found out Jims a celeb and is trying to mile him.Loser move.

ericm

Quote from: rna2525 on Jul 13, 2016, 11:37 PM
Fellas !!!  This is why we have car insurance.Unless for some odd reason Jim Didn't we are OK.Sounds like the victim found out Jims a celeb and is trying to mile him.Loser move.

Based on the limited facts in that article this was my initial take on it as well. Seems to me he probably attached MMJ Touring Inc. to try and get more dough than just going after Jim's insurance co.
"Where's Jim going?"

walterfredo

I would love to see the whole band driving in a Mazda 2. I hope Patrick was sitting bitch in the back.

parkervb

Quote from: Emotion Detector on Jul 13, 2016, 04:53 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Jul 13, 2016, 04:30 PM

Of course it will all be differing and singular, lacking facts and true knowledge of the situation. The article does draw interest, however. And aren't we all on a forum to discuss these types of things?

ok, then...what are your thoughts on this lawsuit?
Don't you ever turn it off

justbcuzido

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 14, 2016, 02:02 AM
I would love to see the whole band driving in a Mazda 2. I hope Patrick was sitting bitch in the back.

Haha best post of the day :)
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

gardenparty

so he is suing the entire band because Jim back ended him?  lol

I'd say it's a cash grab attempt

jimsflyingv

Quote from: gardenparty on Jul 14, 2016, 11:50 AM
so he is suing the entire band because Jim back ended him?  lol

I'd say it's a cash grab attempt
Yes of course the whole band did you not know that the band is using a Mazda 2 as their official tour bus :-)

GO4IT

This may sound harsh, but if it took the guy 3 years to figure out he was somehow injured (disfigured?) by the collision, there's a fundamental problem with his case, I would think.
I'm no lawyer, but I play one on this forum :grin:

buymycar

I'm saving this picture in case I forget which one is Jim.

Clarkwork

Hopefully this is just a formality to get the Car Insurance company to pay more money, if the car was properly insured that is.  Also, hopefully, Jim has some good liability insurance on himself for these type of crazy lawsuits.  I have it on myself, and have been sued before and it's scary no matter how much you know the other party is just filing a frivolous lawsuit.

In the end i'm sure it will be settled out of court. 
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

gardenparty

disfigured :rolleyes:

and, yes, the thought of them all leaving Red Rocks in a Mazda 2 is hilarious.

Lonndown27

Jesus .....the media also misrepresented the story, saying in one headline "Jim James disfigures FAN in 2013 car accident" ......... FAN...............NONE of the other stories even used this word once, and most of them were coming from the exact same, extremely limited information about the lawsuit.

It feels like a media blitz just to get at the band...it was a dirty fucking trick, that's what it was. I send great karma to Jimbo especially and of course all the guys and the roadies, because their jobs are on the line here...this guy IS going after the MMJ family...not just Jim James, not just the band itself physically, but the vibe, the musical, physical and financial institution that IS My Morning Jacket......it's going after the best sound guy in music's family, it's going after the best management in rock and roll's too...

not trying to be Rudy Giuliani about this...it's just.....like someone had said before, lawsuits and legal matters ARE NOT FUN when you're the one in them. WE as the fans, if this outcome goes this man's way, will be the ones paying for it, too, with the band being psychologically and financially burdened

slappymoe

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jul 20, 2016, 06:08 PM

It feels like a media blitz just to get at the band...it was a dirty fucking trick, that's what it was. I send great karma to Jimbo especially and of course all the guys and the roadies, because their jobs are on the line here
dude, methinks you're overreacting just a tad. Try to relax.