Jim James @ Newport Folk Festival

Started by Pitt_Hawker, Jan 28, 2009, 10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardog

Does ANYONE have these recordings?  They were originally put up on this website,
http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/2008/08/05/jim-james-acoustic-newport-folk-festival-8208/
but, the links don't work.  I've looked on archive and searched these boards...any help would be appreciated, it looks like it was an amazing set.
Turned on some music to start my day
I lost myself in a familiar song
I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Don Dante

QuoteDoes ANYONE have these recordings?  They were originally put up on this website,
http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/2008/08/05/jim-james-acoustic-newport-folk-festival-8208/
but, the links don't work.  I've looked on archive and searched these boards...any help would be appreciated, it looks like it was an amazing set.

Pretty sure it is still a free iTunes podcast.  Go to iTunes > Podcasts > Power Search > "All Songs Considered"

Should be an option for NPR All Songs Considered Live Podcasts, and it should be near the top.  Other good stuff on there too, for instance a Radiohead soundboard from last year I was listening to this morning.  Only downside is the tracks aren't divided.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

Wardog

i found "All Songs Considered" but only one thing about the Newport Folk Festival and nothing about Jim James...do you know the date?

Don Dante

Can't get to iTunes from here at work, but try this, I may have led you a bit astray.

Go back to the podcast power search, then only type in "NPR"  
That should bring up a dozen podcasts, one of which is All Songs Considered Live Podcast or maybe just NPR Live Podcasts.  There is a chance it has been taken down, but they rarely do that unless it has been up forever, and that show was only a few months ago.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
it's time to die.

Wardog

Found it...you were right.  Thanks so much

ALady

Wow...there's a lot of good stuff on there.  Thanks for the heads up!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Don Dante

Excellent, and no prob.  Hope you enjoy it but know you will, that show is fantastic and has great sound.  Jim was particularly funny that day too.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
it's time to die.

headhunter

I was at the Newport Show (front and center) and it was really magical.  I have great pix (that I would be happy to share) as well as a downloaded copy of the show (via NPR) with perfect soundboard quality (which I would also be happy to share with those in need who can't get a good copy on line).

This was a great great performance and Jim was in a great mood.  Also played with She & him and the next day did Going to Acapulco with Caleixico.  The only better musical experience I had in 2008 was MMJ at MSG on NYE!

was some shakin' and some record playin'

goose

Thanks for the heads up Don Dante!
Hooked on four like one, two, three

hizzo

I'm on NPR all songs considered and can't find anything to do with Jim James. What's the title of the podcast?
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

hizzo

Oops! Nevermind! I wasn't on the live all songs considered. Didn't know they were separate!
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.