Tapers of The Monsters of Folk Tour: Please Read

Started by PhriendlyMMJPhan, Sep 29, 2009, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

hey guys,
 thanks so much for taping over the years and everything first of all.  I know myself and a lot of other people might not feel the same way about my morning jacket as we do now if it weren't for the tapes.  anyways, I'll keep this short.  if you are taping a show this tour for monsters of folk could you post here what shows you are taping?

I'd like to meet the tapers of the community, they really are the heart behnd it all.  we need to eventually get some kind of mmj music network thing going like dmb fans did with the site www.dreamingtree.org.

private torrents unless you register, you would be sharing with other fans basically.

anyways please post here if you're going to tape a show and which one.  

Love Dogg

I just hope there are some recordings of these shows. All these guys have seemed to be okay with taping in the passed...surely that won't change? :-/
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI just hope there are some recordings of these shows. All these guys have seemed to be okay with taping in the passed...surely that won't change? :-/

no way that will never change.   if it does the band will lose cool points big time.

el_chode

I was going to ask this, maybe I'll head to the MOF forum.

Taping is usually a hybrid label/artist policy I believe:

From the ATO website:
ATO Records permits audiotaping at our artists' performance, however this decision is ultimately reserved by each artist and their managment.

All recordings must be used for personal use or trading only. Selling or commercializing any recording is illegal and will jeopardize taping privileges for everyone.

I know MOF aren't on ATO, but I was pondering this today during a class on performance rights and licensing. Usually most bands are cool with it so long as it isn't soundboard.

I'll send an email for an official answer
I'm surrounded by assholes

sweatboard

I was going to tape but I'm in the process of working out a deal with Wall-Mart.  I'll keep you posted.
There's Still Time.........

jones

QuoteI was going to tape but I'm in the process of working out a deal with Wall-Mart.  I'll keep you posted.

Damn you Wal-Mart, damn you!!!

Soulshine

QuoteI was going to tape but I'm in the process of working out a deal with Wall-Mart.  I'll keep you posted.

I haven't shopped at a Wal Mart in about 7 years and my soul feels cleaner as a result.

Because we're all in this together...

Love Dogg

I haven't shopped at a Wal Mart in about 7 years and my soul feels cleaner as a result.

I haven't shopped at Wal-Mart in seven years because it makes me feel like a redneck.   :-?
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

megalicious

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Ghosts_on_TV

Fun fact:

Did you know that you weigh 21 grams less once you step inside wal mart than you do before you go in or once you step out? Interesting....
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteFun fact:

Did you know that you weigh 21 grams less once you step inside wal mart than you do before you go in or once you step out? Interesting....

whoa.. edit: fuck that gif.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff