Are SBD recordings from '08 a possibility?

Started by jptor89, Apr 12, 2010, 01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EasyRyder

Forgive me if this is a naive question, but does anyone know if the band will ever release a compendium of online SBD recordings from the 2008 tour? This was, without a doubt, a monumental year for the band, and I don't think they would have any trouble selling online downloads of their master tapes from '08.
Despite the delay in release, I think this is an idea worth considering for both monetary and reminiscent value for both fans and MMJ. I know that there were so many epic shows ranging from their Bonnaroo set to MSG, that releasing only one live album from that year would be an inadequate representation of an entire year of such dynamic music.
If anyone is with me here, please post your ideas or inside scoop into the band's policy or future plans. MAYBE we could get enough of a push to actually make this happen!
Can't wait for the glorious return of the jacket in barely a week  :D

(P.S. The release of the nonexistent HOB myrtle beach show recording from '08 would be mind-blowingly titillating)  
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

searchinbig

I have been wishing for the same, not just 08 but before also. Lots of bands do that. Wish MMJ would consider it!  :)
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

johnnYYac

Perhaps the most amazing example of making live recording available was when I saw Furthur in February.  You could order a 3-CD recording of the show and pick it up at the tshirt table right after the show!  They had a mobile recording truck outside with the capacity to burn 100-300 cds simultaneously.  I opted for getting my show online.  Its pricey ($25), but the quality was quite good.  I found an audience recording on the Archive, so it was free, but its a typical audience mike recording.  What I like about the Grateful Dead folks (including Furthur, Ratdog, Phil Lesh and Friends, The Dead, The Other Ones) is that they allow tapers AND provide high quality live recordings for a reasonable price.  I would love MMJ doing something like this, though I'd also request a full DVD/CD package of the NYE show.  Its been too long since Okonokos!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.