Rookie Question About Archive.org

Started by Nexty76, May 03, 2010, 12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nexty76

I have a Mac with iTunes and I want download some archive.net shows. Can I ply these thru itunes, what format do I use? Is one better the the other? Do I have to do each track individually and are they properly tagged? Thanks.

johnnYYac

QuoteI have a Mac with iTunes and I want download some archive.net shows. Can I ply these thru itunes, what format do I use? Is one better the the other? Do I have to do each track individually and are they properly tagged? Thanks.

I don't know Jack about Mac and hate iTunes, but would imagine you're good to go downloading the mp3 files from archive shows (look for links that say "mp3" or "vbr_mp3").  

For example, for the MPP show (5/1/10), click this link http://www.archive.org/download/mmj2010-05-01/mmj2010-05-01_vbr_mp3.zip, save to your hard drive, unzip the file, then file under Cool Ass Live MMJ!  

Or you could buy a PC.  ;)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Nexty76

Thanks for the info, I will give it a shot. I was at the show at really want the audio, along two other of my favorite shows: Bonnaroo '08 & NYE @ MSG.

Erik26

Figure out what file type your MAC needs the FLAC files turned into, download them and then convert them. I do it with iTunes on my pc and it is a pain in the ass the first time but then you get the hang of it. I believe I change them into wave files with winamp and then iTunes converts those into their format.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

el_chode

I do it all the time. If you can only get FLAC, then I highly suggest you get a free program called "switch". It's great at converting files no prob, and you can put them into MP3 to save space, or I think even M4A or AIFF too from the program.
I'm surrounded by assholes

MilesofLight

QuoteDo I have to download each track individually? Or is there an option to download all?

And are most of the shows posted to archive.org torrented on other sites?

Thanks.