Midnight Ramble

Started by theshack1990, Oct 20, 2010, 12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

say73

Anybody tape the show they just did up at Levon's barn?

Thanks!

e_wind

as far as i know, they are extremely secure about people not taping at the Rambles. I'm not getting my hopes up but it would be awesome!
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

panack

They have a very strict no taping (of any kind) policy at Levon's studios.  If you're spotted with a camera or even a cell phone, you can be asked to leave.  There have been some stealth recordings of rambles in the past, but I think even those have pretty well been snuffed out at this point.  I was fortunate enough to go to one back in June with the Drive-By Truckers as the guest band.  It's truly an experience unlike any other and one I strongly recommend to anyone.

RickS

It's kinda too bad Levon's team doesn't record and sell Ramble shows.  They'd surely come out great - the place is a recording studio with all the requisite equipment and great acoustics, and the crowd for MMJ was absolutely silent during the songs... you could hear a pin drop during the quiet parts (not that the crowd wasn't enthusiastic... just awed and very respectful).  What a recording that would be...

oistheone

Levon definitely records the Rambles -- there were cameras set up and filming all night during both sets when I was there on the 16th -- but I have no idea why he doesn't make the tapes commercially available. He could easily net another $30 per person, per show just by selling the DVDs!

searchinbig

All this talk of how these guys tape all their shows. Cut the bullshit already and release them.  It's like the guy who works for 40 years, has no kids, does not go on vacation and has a bank full of money. What the hell for?? Keep them on the hard drive for future generations I suppose.

Sorry for the rant, but this addict needs some kick ass good sounding shows.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

CTdeadhead

QuoteAll this talk of how these guys tape all their shows. Cut the bullshit already and release them.  It's like the guy who works for 40 years, has no kids, does not go on vacation and has a bank full of money. What the hell for?? Keep them on the hard drive for future generations I suppose.

Sorry for the rant, but this addict needs some kick ass good sounding shows.
Be grateful you are not a Neil Young freak and waiting for the Archives to come out...that was torturous.