Main Menu

Dead & Co Sphere

Started by MMJTX, May 21, 2024, 08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJTX

Planning to go see Dead&Co at the Sphere over father's day weekend.

Anyone been to the sphere yet? Anyone been to Dead&Co show yet or planning to go? Still looking around on CoT for tickets, trying to find something in the 200 section but may have to settle for 300's.
Anytime

walterfredo

Quote from: MMJTX on May 21, 2024, 08:38 AMAnyone been to the sphere yet?

I was at all 4 nights of phish. Quite the experience. We were in same seats all 4 shows (302 row 7).

MMJTX

Quote from: walterfredo on May 21, 2024, 11:28 PM
Quote from: MMJTX on May 21, 2024, 08:38 AMAnyone been to the sphere yet?

I was at all 4 nights of phish. Quite the experience. We were in same seats all 4 shows (302 row 7).
Would you say those were good seats? I know everyone says there's not a bad seat in the house but would you look for anything different if you were to go again? I was thinking of trying to get section 100's or 200's thinking closer to the ground might help my wife of any motion sickness she sometimes gets.
Anytime

walterfredo

I'm sure you are well aware of this, but starting in the early row 20s in the 100s you will be below the overhang of the 200s and will be severely obstructed from the view of the sphere. We had friends on the floor and in the first rows of the 100s who said the view of the stage was great but their necks were tweaked from looking straight up all night at the sphere imagery. Not sure I'd want to go there. We were in 302 on the aisle with 301, so way to the far side. First set N1 sound was not good at all, I couldn't believe how bad it was. This was fixed quickly and it was perfect the remainder of the run. I'm sure any early sound issues will be well resolved by the time you go. I also think all the talk of vertigo and motion sickness is hugely exaggerated. I get sea sick easily and was concerned after hearing all the chatter, but it was a complete non-issue. I'd personally suggest you aim for 200s or 300s. Or even 400s, had a couple friends above us in the 400s and they had nothing but praise for their experience.

MMJTX

Thanks Walter! Much appreciated, that is my plan for 200 or 300, will do 400 if need be.
Anytime

MMJTX

Got back Sunday evening from my weekend in Vegas. Went to the show Saturday night, holy f'ing shiteee, such an absolutely incredible experience. The coolest show i've ever experienced. Anyone thinking about going absolutely needs to. Excited to see what happens in the future as far as other bands that get the venue, and if they plan/do actually build other Spheres around the country. I have heard rumors NY and Dallas are possibilities.
Anytime

sillyboob

Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 19, 2024, 08:38 AMGot back Sunday evening from my weekend in Vegas. Went to the show Saturday night, holy f'ing shiteee, such an absolutely incredible experience. The coolest show i've ever experienced. Anyone thinking about going absolutely needs to. Excited to see what happens in the future as far as other bands that get the venue, and if they plan/do actually build other Spheres around the country. I have heard rumors NY and Dallas are possibilities.

Seeing U2 doing their Achtung Baby show was absolutely amazing!!  Sphere is a hell of a ticket if you can get one.  We were in the 300 level and it was great for taking in the whole visual overload.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

MMJTX

Yup! We were in 307 and thought it was perfect!
Anytime