Main Menu

Obh 2025

Started by kintante5, Jul 10, 2024, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Quote from: sillyboob on Aug 12, 2024, 11:12 AM
Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 12, 2024, 10:01 AMWhere in the world did this Iceland rumor start?

Wilco did a residency there in April 2023.  I'm guessing it's based on that.

This is true, and also lots of other bands have done the Iceland thing recently. Mostly on the jam band spectrum, umphrey's McGee, disco biscuits, some others. It's definitely "a thing".

MMJTX

so if it is in 2025, it's going to be later in the year don't you think? Waited longer to announce than normal.
I'm selfishly hoping for 2026 though since they waited so long to announce. already planned some other trips for 2025
Anytime

kintante5

Hoping for April still, whatever it winds up being.

ranyart

I did some looking and see where Wilco played in 2023 (Eldborg Hall) and it looks amazing, but apparently it only holds 1800 which seems pretty small.  It's going to be interesting to see what happens tomorrow!

ranyart

Well, so much for Iceland fantasies...  Maybe next year!

MMJTX

I'm not sure how i feel about it, looking at pictures of the stage/venue and seeing giant condos in the background just doesn't have the same appeal.
Plus although it's cheaper to stay and see the music, the food and booze price is gonna be HIGH
Anytime

Cameron

Easy to pass on this one.

ranyart

We used to do a spring break bicycle ride in college in the Florida Panhandle so I've ridden through Miramar Beach several times.  The beaches in the area are nice but they will be busy, especially this time of the year.  Travel is certainly easier and less expensive than going out of the country, and packages are definitely a good deal so that will help.  But of course the timing doesn't match our spring break and like MMJTX said the appeal just isn't where it needs to be to fight for the time off.  Sounds like we'll be staying home.

Jack D

Haven't been to a OBH yet. Three MMJ shows (plus the usual-quality guest acts) at a Gulf resort doesn't sound bad after a northeast winter.

How did food & beverages work at past OBHs? Was it all-inclusive? Were there packages for purchase? Could you eat outside the festival?

Bulldog

Quote from: Jack D on Aug 15, 2024, 09:29 PMHaven't been to a OBH yet. Three MMJ shows (plus the usual-quality guest acts) at a Gulf resort doesn't sound bad after a northeast winter.

How did food & beverages work at past OBHs? Was it all-inclusive? Were there packages for purchase? Could you eat outside the festival?

Past OBH's were all inclusive throughout the resort.

This isnt my first choice, but I'll go and totally agree what I save in travel may well be spent in inflated food/drink. That said, I think you can get by pretty cheap here if you work it a bit. Cook in the condo, buy your beers/ drinks and juice up prior and juz maintain in the venue.

slappymoe

this isn't One Big Holiday.
it's 3 night run at a Florida hotel.
i signed up, not sure if i'll pull the trigger when the time comes.

Bulldog

Quote from: slappymoe on Aug 16, 2024, 06:45 AMthis isn't One Big Holiday.

I like that, feel about the same, but probably will go

MMJTX

anyone on the fence on this, keep in mind that new album is coming out early 2025 so there will surely be a tour to follow.
Anytime

Cameron

Quote from: slappymoe on Aug 16, 2024, 06:45 AMthis isn't One Big Holiday.

Well said

Cameron

Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 16, 2024, 09:08 AManyone on the fence on this, keep in mind that new album is coming out early 2025 so there will surely be a tour to follow.

Also the 20th anniversary of Z. I'm sure there will be some shows celebrating that as well.

Bulldog

All,

I suck at inserting images, but...On the Discord channel the head of Topkea (the company putting on OBH light this year) posted a couple screens of food and beverage pricing. He also mentioned there is the ability to reenter venue if ya wanted to do up to your room or whatever.

Honestly prices are not terrible at all, said outside venue your free to do your own thing as far as food/bev, so in theory you could get by cheap.

Grubmaster

I looked at some reviews of the venues hosting and they are not amazing. So bummed! This was going to be the year for me to go, but decided I might just do the two night RR show, fingers crossed they do it in 2025.

Bulldog

Quote from: Grubmaster on Aug 19, 2024, 12:00 AMI looked at some reviews of the venues hosting and they are not amazing. So bummed! This was going to be the year for me to go, but decided I might just do the two night RR show, fingers crossed they do it in 2025.

Saw same stuff, for what its worth the promoter said u get to pick your room for that very reason

cowhitey

If anyone has a code for today for the presale they aren't using I'd be grateful for it.  We are going but our code isn't good until Thursday. Thank you

Jack D

Mrs. J and I are in for this- our first OBH. It's not tropical paradise, but the venue has experience hosting events like this, so we're expecting (hoping) things go smoothly and it's a great time. We plan to visit friends on the Gulf coast in the days before so it helps justify the air fare.

Is it too soon to start stressing about sets? I'm hoping for a full "Z" in order and maybe some new album/tracks live debuts?