Main Menu

Obh 2025

Started by kintante5, Jul 10, 2024, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kintante5

Anyone have any knowledge if obh 2025 is happening?  Or any inkling?

sillyboob

I'm seriously doubting it at this point.  If the timing was the same, that's less than 10 months from now, and with no announcements, I wouldn't expect it unless it was a December OBH.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

ranyart

MMJ pickings are getting slim and slimmer.  I just hope we're not seeing another extended hiatus coming up...  We're definitely going to miss our recent Chicago fall 3-night run series that apparently isn't happening this year.  And of course NYE shows are a distant memory.  Where do we go from here?

kintante5

I am hoping this year with somewhat limited shows and co-headlining shows is their hiatus/cool down year and next year there is a full blown tour for a new album and the 20th anniversary of Z.  They seem rejuvenated so I don't think a real hiatus is anywhere in the near future.  What do I know though...

Zutroy

Agreed. 2022 and 2023 were full touring years and this year is mostly fests and a few things sprinkled in.

Virtually no chance of OBH next year, in fact no Cloud9 events in Mexico in 2025 as far as I can tell.

I hear "something else" is in the works. I'm hoping for a multi night in Iceland or something like that.

ranyart

Quote from: Zutroy on Jul 16, 2024, 09:09 PMI hear "something else" is in the works. I'm hoping for a multi night in Iceland or something like that.

Iceland is on the bucket list so sign me up!  Europeans would love that too...  :thumbsup:

Lonndown27

Quote from: Zutroy on Jul 16, 2024, 09:09 PMAgreed. 2022 and 2023 were full touring years and this year is mostly fests and a few things sprinkled in.

Virtually no chance of OBH next year, in fact no Cloud9 events in Mexico in 2025 as far as I can tell.

I hear "something else" is in the works. I'm hoping for a multi night in Iceland or something like that.

New Year's Eve gigs in Denver again and I'm there.
News Year's Eve in New Orleans??? Be even more insane.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

kintante5

No real specifics on what the 'something else' is.

sillyboob

Something was posted today on the social medias, along with the 2024 OBH video and photo recaps:

"Without a past there is no future.  Let's take a trip down One Big Holiday memories past, and maybe, just maybe, a bright, new future will reveal itself."

kintante5

kintante5

Should we expect obh 2025 now or is the 'something else' still in the worlds.  Would love if someone had details or rumors

Zutroy

Quote from: kintante5 on Aug 11, 2024, 07:43 PMShould we expect obh 2025 now or is the 'something else' still in the worlds.  Would love if someone had details or rumors
I think people are really over reading the video. I think it's "something else". Personally hoping for Iceland next spring or summer.

rkwedge

Quote from: Zutroy on Aug 11, 2024, 08:09 PM
Quote from: kintante5 on Aug 11, 2024, 07:43 PMShould we expect obh 2025 now or is the 'something else' still in the worlds.  Would love if someone had details or rumors
I think people are really over reading the video. I think it's "something else". Personally hoping for Iceland next spring or summer.
I've heard the Iceland thing before. I just don't see how OBH works in that climate.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

MMJTX

Where in the world did this Iceland rumor start?
Anytime

kintante5

Iceland would be dope but I can not imagine a multiple night run therewould be profitable.

sillyboob

Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 12, 2024, 10:01 AMWhere in the world did this Iceland rumor start?

Wilco did a residency there in April 2023.  I'm guessing it's based on that.

Zutroy

Quote from: sillyboob on Aug 12, 2024, 11:12 AM
Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 12, 2024, 10:01 AMWhere in the world did this Iceland rumor start?

Wilco did a residency there in April 2023.  I'm guessing it's based on that.

Reasonably sure I'm responsible for all the Iceland talk. I'm trying to manifest a return. I did the Wilco thing there and it was outstanding.  Would be super fun!!

sillyboob

Big announcement coming Thursday morning, per their social medias.

kintante5

I'd love obh next year but have my hopes up for Iceland now.

MMJCOBRA

It's happening  :shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked: