Your favorite MMJ item

Started by sweatboard, Mar 25, 2005, 10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

What is your favorite MMJ item you own, and what do you want that you just can't live without?  I have 3 favorites and one that I just must own one day.

1. Hand Written set list from Atlanta 04 at The Roxy.
2. At Dawn Vinyl Mint Condition with Demo CD
3. T-Shirt with Jim James Written as a Jim Beam logo.

Must Own

1. A T-shirt with my Avitar on the front and 5 gold stars on the back. ;D
There's Still Time.........

Jellyfish

I have a autographed postcard that Jim signed for me.My entire MMJ CD collection....I am only missing the "Heartbreakin' Man" EP.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

EC

I have a red button with a bear on it that I got at the Nashville show.  It's traveled on my bag with me to a lot of different places, and I like it to be there.  I can touch it and it's a tangible reminder of a really, really special night.  It's getting a little beat up, though.  

I'm quite fond of a special poster I have up in the kitchen.  (It keeps curling up, though, and falling down.  I think it knows that I'll be moving soon, and it doesn't feel like being so impermanent.)

And the records, obviously I love them.  But I know I could live without them - the music's in my head all the time anyhow, and I think I know it pretty much inside and out.

But I think more than any item, I think the thing that makes me most happiest about this band is the fact that they be.  And that I really appreciate all of the things about them that I admire in artists and people, and knowing that they're out there doing their thing as they do it, really inspires me.  I like the fact that by all accounts, they're good folk.

:)  Nice thread, Brian!

MMJ_fanatic

1) my It Still Moves tour poster signed by everyone in person my first meeting with 'em.

2) my discography--compliant with the list on From Nashville to Kentucky website  :D

3) green MMJ shirt w/campfire & marshmallow toasting skeletons

4) brown MMJ bear buton that goes everywhere with me  :)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Coltrane

1.) the e-mails from Jim and Patrick acknowledging my fiance's request to surprise me and play "I Will Be There When You Die" at the Roxy (L.A.) in 2003 after she had a real medical scare. (hospital chairs are NOT comfortable!) We got to meet the band after the show (Tommy's the coolest), and they remembered us a year later at a San Diego show!! Those e-mails were incredibly kind-hearted and I am forver indebted.

2.) Signed copy of "It Still Moves" vinyl obtained at said San Diego show.

3.) My Month of Sundays records....because "Hey Sally" is a kick-ass song!!!

....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

Coltrane

oh....and that must own???

i would kill for the Jim James/Jim Beam t-shirt.

not literally, or course.

or would i?????????????

probably not.
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

EC

Quote1.) the e-mails from Jim and Patrick acknowledging my fiance's request to surprise me and play "I Will Be There When You Die" at the Roxy (L.A.) in 2003 after she had a real medical scare.

Man that's nice.  Wow.  You must've been really overwhelmed by that.  That's just really wicked.  :)

MMJ_fanatic

Quoteoh....and that must own???

i would kill for the Jim James/Jim Beam t-shirt.

not literally, or course.

or would i?????????????

so,  maybe I have a spare you could haggle with me for...

probably not.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Oz

I'm quite fond of the red devil-sticker from 2000 on my pick-up (record player, that is) and the mail from Patrick, about how he wanted to talk to me at a concert in Tilburg but I was gone before he and Riny found me. Must have: a new recording! :)
I'm ready when you are

EC

QuoteI'm quite fond of the red devil-sticker from 2000 on my pick-up (record player, that is) and the mail from Patrick, about how he wanted to talk to me at a concert in Tilburg but I was gone before he and Riny found me. Must have: a new recording! :)

Nice!  And you have given me an idea.  I'm gonna put my ISM sticker on my guitar pickup (not record player, actual old school guitar pickup).  That'll be nice.

:)

utonynashm

Any and all records I have by them...

And as of recently an E-mail I got from the main man himself, JIM!  Very personal and a long read but it really hit a spot in me and I thank him VERY much!  I am honered that he took the time to answer it...

AND best of all...He went to my site with my music on it and listened to my songs and picked his faviortes!!!

Can you say  FUCKING WILD?!?!?!?!

EC

Tony, that is so great.  Oh dude, I'm really happy to hear that.  You must've freaked.  Alllll RIIIIIGHT!  :)

SunflowerZen124

I have two things:

(1) I bought the blue pirate shirt as I was leaving their concert,and I wear it all the time.

(2) A guitar pick I got from Carl when I managed to snake to where the band was chillin' a bit.  I drilled a hole in it and wear it as a necklace.
 ;D
Holy crap, did I just hear an elk in my living room?

tomEisenbraun

I'm convinced that Jim should buy the rights to his Someone in Milwaukee loves you (at least I think its milwaukee, but thinking about it, I know I'm dead wrong). anyways, he should buy the rights to that shirt and sell a bunch of em. It'd be one of the greatest inside deals ever, and fellow Jacketeers could spot eachother all over town.

My favorite MMJ item is currently the Tennesee Fire, simply because I have nothing else. I'm working on acquiring a poster. Any clue if there's any MMJ patches circulating?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

SMc55

I think it's "someone in Birmingham loves me", or maybe he's got more than one.

EC

QuoteI'm working on acquiring a poster.

Hmm, where was I that I saw some on sale for like $2?  It was one of the record labels on the "links" page.  

Here ya go, duder: http://www.jadetree.com/bands/artist/my_morning_jacket
(the Split EP had a poster which is in "clearance".)

RyanCorpse

1. The memories of when johnny and danny asked me to go to dinner with them and the guys before their lee's palace show in toronto. It was great because the guys and i didn't pay a thing, the BMG rep did. I had a veggie sandwich from the victory cafe. mmmm...

2. audio copies and setlists from every mmj show i've seen.

3. mmj tats

EC

Quote1. The memories of when johnny and danny asked me to go to dinner with them and the guys before their lee's palace show in toronto. It was great because the guys and i didn't pay a thing, the BMG rep did. I had a veggie sandwich from the victory cafe. mmmm...  

You went to the Victory Cafe with the boys?  That is goddamn insane.  I can't even believe that.  

Wow.  :)

corey

Yes, it is "Someone in Birmingham loves me". Those are furnaces that are on his shirt.

Sloss Furnaces, perhaps?
:)

EC

A whole fucking ton of people are going to love him in Birmingham on June 3rd!

;)