New Single - Run Thru - New Track!

Started by downdownyoubringmedown, Oct 31, 2003, 09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downdownyoubringmedown

Not sure if this has been posted, but I saw this on pitchforkmedia.com the other day:

The end of the tour will dovetail nicely with the November 24th release of "Run Thru," the first single from It Still Moves, in the UK. The single features two unreleased b-sides (as if you didn't see that coming)-- a Jim James four-track demo, and an acoustic version of "Old September Blues," from the Jacket's debut album, The Tennessee Fire. Tracklist:

01 Run Thru
02 Breathin' [previously unreleased demo]
03 Old September Blues [acoustic version]

A new song! Sounds interesting...

Oz

Ah, Jim James solo demos, we all love those, don't we? Jim heartbreakingly solo is the only thing that's really missing on It still moves... So yeah, I'm looking forward to that single.

But why the heck is there an accoustic version of Old September Blues on there? I mean, great song, but it's 3 fricking years old!  ???
I'm ready when you are

Flo

Run Through, my fave tune off ism by 10-lenghts!!!!

Excellent choice for the first single!!!

My favorite part is the "Techno" middle part jam! I can see Jim and the boys saying "OK mother fuckers, now call us a southern rock band"!!!! Hah

re: Old September Blues

its a damn good song which new fans DESERVE to hear right????....flo
52ND STREAM MEDIA, UNLTD.
WWW.52MEDIA.COM
POB 7005 LOUISVILLE KY 40257
SEND PRESS KITS GET ON OUR BROADCASTS

Oz

Yeah, that techno part kicks ass... I always wondered what they play it on. Is that a distorted bass or something?

And about OSB, sure, new fans should hear it, but frankly, I think new fans should just buy The Tennessee Fire... Right?  ;)
I'm ready when you are

my_evening_jacket

I am excited about the new song!!  I don't think a live version of this one exists anywhere???
shake some action

Oz

Will it be a UK-only release or are any of us other countries gonna see it too?
I'm ready when you are

Oz

Ah, ain't this the cutest picture ever?  ;D
Now I heard there are only 1,000 copies, so I better hurry. If anyone knows how to get a hold on one, please tell!
I'm ready when you are

Oz

It can be ordered at Amazon... Guess I'm gonna have to use my dad's creditcard again!  ;D

Also, there was an edition of It still moves with a bonus track offered there. Does anyone know what that might be?
I'm ready when you are

Oz

I have it, I finally have it! Damn, it took 2 months to get it shipped. Those Amazon-assholes! But now mine it is. That "Breathin'" is one hell of a song and I love the artwork and, yes, there was a sticker inside! A sticker! I'll be happy for a while.  ;D
I'm ready when you are

flying_brandini

There were quite a few available on Ebay last time I looked
C.D single and Vinyl 45 and quite a few older items too.
Not the best prices though.
B.T.L

lfish

QuoteYeah, that techno part kicks ass... I always wondered what they play it on. Is that a distorted bass or something?
Nope not a distorted bass, just our beloved ol' Danny playin the boards with a good fuzz on it.
lfish

Oz

I see..Thans, Ifish! Oh, and by the way, me and my girlfriend recently found out that "Breathin'" is damn sexy track!  ;) So look for it, y'all!
I'm ready when you are

lfish

Is it a MMJ song, because I don't know this one.
lfish

bigger_rooty

Nope not a distorted bass, just our beloved ol' Danny playin the boards with a good fuzz on it.

Are you sure it's keys?  Cos when I saw MMJ in Birmingham, Tommy definetly played that fill on his bass with a shitload of fuzz.  It may be different on the album, though.
from this town, we'd escape
if we holler loud and make our way
we'd all live one big holiday.

lfish

Well in Brussels, Tommy wasn't playing but Danny was, but maybe they change now and then.  So both are possible I guess.
lfish

if any one lives in LA or San Francisco, Amoeba is carrying the Run Thru single.......

Oz

QuoteIs it a MMJ song, because I don't know this one.

Err, read the first post in the topic...
I'm ready when you are