One Big Holiday

Started by BrownBomber, Jan 06, 2004, 08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrownBomber

I work at the Gap and one of the songs on our soundtrack is One Big Holiday.  Its definitely a favourite among a majority of the staff.  Good job guys.

tom

yea "one big hoiliday" rocks i wish i had the tabs.

Oz

About that song... I'd really like to hear the original demo version Jim wrote. If there is one...
I'm ready when you are

Oz

Mentioned on Nashville to Kentucky: a 1 track promo single for 'One big holiday', featuring a single-edit of the song. Hope it will be released as a proper single, with B-sides and the lot, and with that terrific cover!  :)
I'm ready when you are

csbx

I think I heard the edit on XFM recently, and you know what? It sucks. That song cannot be watered down into some radio friendly version as it just doesn't work. I thought XFM had decided to edit it down, but looks like this edited version is doing the rounds. Thumbs up to the boys for getting more airplay but it doesn't do the song justice at all.

Craig.

Oz

What did they make of it, then? Wich part did they skip?
I'm ready when you are

dwight

Amen on the single w/ B side.

I'd expect Jim and new company to break off something cool using the new musical talent recruited for the band.

Fingers crossed!

csbx

QuoteWhat did they make of it, then? Wich part did they skip?

They shortened the intro. It started with a little bit of riff and then straight into 'waking up, feeling....'. It sounded like a heavy handed edit - the typical thing radio stations do to over-long (not in this case at all) tracks.

wordawg

It sounded like a heavy handed edit - the typical thing radio stations do to over-long (not in this case at all) tracks.

Bought it, listened to it and completely agree.  Means we stay a 'secret' for a bit longer?
the future is Ginger