The Way That He Sings

Started by Tameegee, Jun 02, 2004, 08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tameegee

So, did Jim write this lyric about himself ??

I bought "It Still Moves" way before "At Dawn," and thought this man's music is beyond comparison.  A song or two may not look like a masterpiece on paper (ala "Run Thru") but when played in the MMJ fashion and sung by Mr. James, it becomes a classic.  

"It's just the way that he sings, not the words that he says or the band. I'm in love with this soul. It's a meaning I understand."  ;D
tameegee in sc

wordawg

I'm smiling with you :)

The lyrics, the emotions - the whole thing can get to you if you're receptive enough. Wonderful feeling.
the future is Ginger

paintaneight

just to add to this a bit.  i find myself looking at the lyrics quite often.  i like the way jim phrases things, and the words can mean whatever u want them to.  just another reason why jim songs and this band works.

Oz

I hope he didn't actually write those lines about himself, 'cause he'd be an arrogant dickhead then, even though it is true.
I'm ready when you are

Oz

QuoteSo, did Jim write this lyric about himself ??

Just imagine he'd be singing:
"Why does your mind blow to bits
Everytime we play this song?
It's just the way that I sing
Not the words that I say
Or my band"

Man, I'd be flying over to Louisville just to kick his ass...  ;)
I'm ready when you are

Tameegee

Just imagine he'd be singing:
"Why does your mind blow to bits
Everytime we play this song?
It's just the way that I sing
Not the words that I say
Or my band"

Man, I'd be flying over to Louisville just to kick his ass...  ;)
HA! Interesting point, Mr. O.   :D

Actually, I was just wondering *who" could Jim be thinking about when he says the above.  I've always thought about Jim himself when he says "It's just the way that he sings."  Nice fit for Mr. James, no?!  

I'm a huge lyrics person myself... it seems to help me "get into" songs a little better.  I doubt I'm the only one who wonders about the inspiration for MMJ's lyrics.

I think it's great that MMJ's doing some of the classics, like "bear."  That was my first introduction to this band. I also found it amusing that there is a bear on the cover of It Still Moves. 'By My Car' is excellent as well.

Ahhhh.  I love sharing my love for MMJ  ;D

Happy Day to all you guys :-*
tameegee in sc