Coors commercial

Started by Garth69, May 04, 2004, 07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garth69

I still haven't seen this. Anybody seen it lately, or was it just a limited run in certain parts of the country? I told a bunch of people about it, but nobody's seen it. In Chicago, anyway. Just wonderin'...

peanut butter puddin surprise

If I recall correctly, the company had to pull this as the President of the company was in it, and he's running for political office.  (maybe I'm wrong)

Equal time laws require them to pay for the other side's ads, so they pulled it.

It was also running during the NCAA tourney, so they may have pulled it after that was finished.
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Rabid_Washcloth

I've seen it as late as last week.  

Actually, I've seen two versions of the commmercial.  1st takes place in a bar.  2nd is the same idea (people hanging out, having a good time) but takes place at a cookout.  

Saw it quite a bit.  So much that my wife rolled her eyes every time because I made sure I pointed it out to her.

Garth69

Thanks. If you don't mind...what part of the country do you live in...and what channel/programming was it during? I don't watch a lot of TV but this is something I definitely want to see. In fact, I don't recall seeing any Coors commercials lately, although I think I saw something about the guy running for office. MMJ just started their tour, so maybe it'll surface more frequently.

Rabid_Washcloth

I live outside of Houston, TX.  Like others here, I first saw the commercial during the NCAA tournament.  After that, I would have to guess it was on whatever channel Friends, Raymond, Apprentice and Bachelor are on (networks only), since my wife HAS to see those shows every night they're on.  

Funny thing, we're gonna be on an airplane during the Friends finale.  My wife is freaking out and has about four people taping it in case one or three of them forget.

Garth69

Ha...my girlfriend is taping 'Friends' too. Jeez, don't get me started on that show. Still, I'm disappointed that I haven't seen this yet. Every time I see a beer commerical I crank it up but no luck yet. I need to pick up some Coors original. Good beer.

dthomas

They showed the commercial during the 3rd period of the NHL playoff game between Tampa Bay and Philly, on ESPN.

dave t

Oz

QuoteHa...my girlfriend is taping 'Friends' too. Jeez, don't get me started on that show.

Yeah, stary about that show! We've been talking for pages and pages about Coors, now please let's move on to bad American sitcomes. :D
I'm ready when you are

nickgraham

I've seen it at least 3 times in the last hour and a half. They've been showing it during the NBA game (Kings vs T-Wolves). I'm in Nashville, TN if that helps...

Nick

peanut butter puddin surprise

Unbelievably, I just saw it for the first time!  And, I'll be damned if I didn't feel my heart swell with pride at our town's heroes success... 8)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

tilputt

So I'm kind of freaked out about that commercial.  I didn't know anything about it until maybe an hour ago when I saw it on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. (Card/Cubs)  

I guess the freaky part was that I think it was for the Coors "Aspen Edge" product.  I mean, of course I'd drink that beer for some reason, but I sort of guess it wouldn't get me going any more than on regular trips to the water closet, you know?

cineater

Heard it during the Conan show tonight.  Surprised I didn't know the band did this.  Good to hear them.

DaveStarck

Just saw it for the first time.  Aspen Edge commercial
Stoked ;D
Everything it seems I like's a little bit stronger

Garth69

FINALLY saw this thing last night during the NBA finals. Not bad, but this low-carb stuff isn't nearly as gritty and manly as Coors original. You'll see Coors original in tons of really cool movies from the '70s and '80s, but this low carb stuff is kinda wimpy. Still, as far as commercials go, this one didn't annoy me like 95% of the other commercials out there. I'm convinced a big reason why they used it was the word 'country' in the ad copy, because this is the first beer commercial I've seen in a long time that's not straight-ahead top 40 rock. Remember the old beer commercials with Skynard's Call me the Breeze or Clapton doing After Midnight? Those were cool.

PrazAngel

Excuse my ignorance...but what song is that is played in the Coors commercials? I have yet to see it! Thanks.

MMJ_fanatic

QuoteExcuse my ignorance...but what song is that is played in the Coors commercials? I have yet to see it! Thanks.

Don't fret--you'll learn them soon enough!  The tune in the Coors commercial was "Mageetah" from "It Still Moves".  Welcome aboard!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

PrazAngel

Thank you kindly! It's one of my favorites... ;D

tomEisenbraun

just saw it! Rockin, I love Magheeta, I've been playin It Still Moves all day. I need to out and get At Dawn sometime soon though.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.