One Big Holiday video!

Started by goldengator, Jun 16, 2004, 09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkillad

thanks for posting, it was pretty sweet

Oz

I've clicked a few of those links above and it appears there are two different videos: one's live, the other one's with the weird Japanese dolls and the guys in the barn. Wich one's the official one? And why are there 2 videos anyway? Does anyone know that?

I really dig the not-live video, by the way. Freaky shit! :)
I'm ready when you are

bristone

the live video just doesn't fit
with the studio recording

it's pretty damn obvious...
why would they do that?

Garth69

I didn't try to view the links...but is this something that's 'MTV ready'? Not sure if that's a good thing (as, like TV commercials, 90% of videos are nauseating garbage) but I'd like to see it. Surely theirs would be interesting.

lfish

I saw the video with the playing japanese dolls and I liked it a lot. Just a simple video and damn what a song.  

I also noticed that the song didn'tlast so long like the cd version. So maybe it's destined to be played on music channels like mtv.  

lfish

peanut butter puddin surprise

Both versions rock.

Both versions beg to be played.

To quote Ahhhhnold:  "do it, do it now!"
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

sweatboard

How do I access these files?  If I click open it says the page can not be found. If I hit save target as I get a loud gong and a red X. Please help. Thanks.
There's Still Time.........

The_Link

Yeah, I had the same problem.  you can go to RCA's website and view it.  Good luck.

sweatboard

QuoteYeah, I had the same problem.  you can go to RCA's website and view it.  Good luck.

Thanks, now I've seen it.  

Are those the knights of neeeeeeeeehhhh from The Holy Grail that are doing battle in the video?  I loved the dirt clouds kicking up from the ground when they're jaming in the barn.  The silouhete shot is Sweeeeeeeeeet. Great video, It does the song justice. How can I view the Live version?
There's Still Time.........

MMJ_fanatic

Just opened this in my email last night.  I like the shadow puppet/barn version best as well. 8)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Oz

Those puppet dancers in the back, when they're playing in the barn, they're mighty cool, but damn, they're scary! Everytime I see that guy standing behind Patrick, I wanna yell: "Look out, behind you!"

I really, really dig it. Now MTV, what are you waiting for?
I'm ready when you are

MMJ_fanatic

I really, really dig it. Now MTV, what are you waiting for?

Hey Yeah!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

The_Link

I beleive it will be airing after the REal World reunion tonight.  just kidding.  They aren't going to play this.  Maybe M2 will have the balls.  Also, does anyone know if Musicchoice on digital cable has this song in rotation on any channels.  That would be cool.

tinyorangepig

FYI,

the video was on MTV2 this weekend on their show, subterannean.  i was on about 45 minutes into the show.  short version.  but it rocked.  no comments from the host, but a damn fine video.

i tivo this show everyweek and I would highly suggest it for indie rock fans.  also, if they like a video, they will play it a couple of times on subsequent weeks, so watch next week to see if it appears.  it is often a starting point for mtv2 videos and could help it get into normal mtv2 rotation.

the killers and the secret machines (excellent excellent album BTW) are both examples of bands that have moved from this show to normal rotation.

you can check out the mtv2 playlist here -

http://www.mtv.com/charts/charts_mtv2playlist.jhtml

t.o.p

pikafumanchu

Does anyone know what style those puppets are? They remind me of Balinese Wayang Kulit (Shadow Puppets), but I am not so sure. Are they Javanese? Also, if so, anyone know if the band is with Balinese or Javanese gamelan?

nonesuch

it was on vh2 at the very start of the 'this is americana' program, repeated wednesday midnight if anyone in the uk/ireland wants to catch it ...
I also saw a video for golden on the same show a few weeks ago, it wasn't a live thing, it looked professionally shot (in the barn again), any info on this ?