Main Menu

Dancefloors

Started by eiseyrokker, May 22, 2005, 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

I'm trying to write a paper right now, so, naturally, i put It Still Moves in the big surround sound DVD player and I'm throughly enjoying it, though going nowhere with my paper. And I just got done with dancefloors. Anyone else realize how amazing that track is? The dynamic is absolutely amazing. I almost always skip it because of the very beginning. The guitars just feel a little too thin. Biut every time i tough it out, it pays off, cuz i remember how awesome this song is.

Anybody else have that happen? Songs you always skip because of the beginning, but when you listen to em all the way through its awesome?
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

corey

I've loved this track since the first time that I heard it. Yeah, the guitars sound a little thin at the beginning, but the melody of the vocal is just so damn awesome. The live version kicks some major ass, btw.

tomEisenbraun

Oh I know, the live at Bonaroo dealio totally rectified this track for me. I can't wait for this year.

JacketGal

Yes, Dancefloors hits me that way a lot too. It's never been my favorite track but I don't skip it....so when it's on, and I start really hearing the music, I'm always amazed by the depth.
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

George

Dance Floors was the MMJ song that first caught my ear.  And I actually like the intro.  It's thin and simple, but it's just so perfect.  Love the song.

marktwain

I love Dancefloors, and never skip over it.  It's great how it builds and builds, until you think it can't build any more.  Then the horns come in!

tomEisenbraun

the horns make the song totally sexcellent. Reminds me a bit of the Doobie Bros "Rockin on a Highway". But i love the fade out and re-climax int he middle with the acoustic and piano. The song is brilliant, i just wish they could've sorted out the tone issues on It Still Moves.