The bonnaroo 2004 DVD

Started by Localwakko, May 18, 2005, 11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Localwakko

I just purchased the Bonnaroo 2004 DVD to get a glimpse of of MMJ performing.  The only video on there is of "One Big Holiday."  It is amazing.  I was there last year, and watching the video and seeing the performance again, actually gave me goosebumps.  There must be more footage of this performance.  Beyond Thunderdome has to be released in some form -- whatever footage they have.  It's just too amazing for everyone not to see.  They should do a dvd release, either by itself or as a double disc for their upcoming cd release.  Somebody has to push for this.  Anyone have any ideas?  Trust me, it will be worth your while.  I think their performance and the atmosphere at Bonnaroo made it the best concert I've ever seen.  And I see a lot of concerts.  

all my life is obscene

i completely and wholeheartedly agree!!! we know they have at least some footage of steam engine from the trailer...BUT I WANT MORE!!!
Music is my savior
I was maimed by rock and roll
I was maimed by rock and roll
I was tamed by rock and roll
I got my name from rock and roll
-Tweedy

fitzcarraldo

I'm sure they filmed the entire performance, they'd (the film crew) of been crazy not to. Great idea L, sell a live dvd with the new album. Maybe the first few thousand copies.  ::)

mmztaylor

I wonder who chooses the song to put on these compilations? Not that there is anything wrong with OBH...but certianly there could be other not so frequently played options.  They also put up dear mr fantasy by Steve Winwood and Good lovin by the Dead, all great tunes but really really really overplayed. What would be cool as hell is to get to make your own setlist and have the CD or DVD made for you!

EC

QuoteWhat would be cool as hell is to get to make your own setlist and have the CD or DVD made for you!
That's a really good idea.  At the very least, offer packages with options...  

Or have the standard one, and if you want to pay more and custom build your DVD setlist, you could do that.  That's a really good idea.  

kitkat17

I dig it... How do we make this happen?

ms. yvon

i'm listening to the cd of this show right now!  i'm glad to hear so many other people thought it was remarkable.  i remember standing in that audience in the pouring rain with an enormous smile on my face.

the best show i saw at bonnaroo last year.  almost enough to make me go back this year.  almost.   ;)
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."